• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

PunBB 1.2/1.3 Importer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried this with fluxbb, it imports some things, but I get errors with others, too bad for me, I really wanted to switch from fluxbb . Here is a link to the errors I received in case anyone was interested http://pastebin.com/ZdFhb0ii
I don't have a FluxBB handy nor do I have a lot of time but I did this little test based on the official FluxBB wiki. It may very well contain bugs and I can't guarantee I'll update it... so PLEASE use it in a development environment.

Attachments

Thanks!

Let's have Scott or someone else test it first :whistle:
EDIT: on second thought, let's put a link.
Thanks for making this, I appreciate it. I ran into an error after installing it on a clean xenforo install and clicking the "import external data" link
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_FUNCTION in /home/zeaksorg/public_html/board/library/CodeInMotion/Importer/FluxBB.php on line 262

Thanks for making this, I appreciate it. I ran into an error after installing it on a clean xenforo install and clicking the "import external data" link
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_FUNCTION in /home/zeaksorg/public_html/board/library/CodeInMotion/Importer/FluxBB.php on line 262
Updated the zip archive. Just replace the library/CodeInMotion/Importer/FluxBB.php file.

Thanks again for making this! The import went well, I did receive an error while importing moderators, but I was the only admin on my old forums so maybe that caused it. I haven't tested out everything yet, but what I have seems fine.

Here is the error in case you wanted it.

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in CodeInMotion/Importer/FluxBB.php at line 1145
  2. CodeInMotion_Importer_FluxBB->stepModerators() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  3. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 166
  4. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 218
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 161
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/zeaksorg/public_html/board/admin.php at line 13

Thanks again for making this! The import went well, I did receive an error while importing moderators, but I was the only admin on my old forums so maybe that caused it. I haven't tested out everything yet, but what I have seems fine.

Here is the error in case you wanted it.

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in CodeInMotion/Importer/FluxBB.php at line 1145
  2. CodeInMotion_Importer_FluxBB->stepModerators() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  3. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 166
  4. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 218
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 161
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/zeaksorg/public_html/board/admin.php at line 13

I think it's because I don't check if the moderators is indeed an array... anyway, glad it worked :)
EDIT : bug should be fixed.

However, I'm facing a problem with importing threads.

During the import, I see that all the forums are created. For example, I have a forum called 'Feature requests'. In the forum list it shows with 457 discussions, and 5009 messages.
But when I click it, the forum is empty.

The weirdest part of all this, is that *some* of the forums are imported correctly, and some aren't.

I tried 2 different databases, multiple times, but I keep having the same issue.. And yes I rebuild the whole thing. ;) And after the rebuild, the forum listing is telling me that there are 0 discussions and 0 messages...

Any clue?

[EDIT]
I think I'm on to something. It looks like the importer is connecting threads to categories.

I have a node_id 14 named 'Administration', which is a category and not a forum.
I have a thread_id 2030, which is connected to node_id 14.
If I open a post directly (with a direct link (XF/posts/17188/)) it gives me an error: 'The requested forum could not be found'.

I think I'm having exactly the same problem.. The importer seems to run fine, but once it's finished it says there's only about half as many threads as there should be (i.e. xenforo reports 4,740 discussions, original punbb reports 7,500 topics), half as many posts (71,191 vs. 126,591), and 100 fewer users (1,261 vs. 1,361)..

Two of the forums appear completely empty, but when I click "What's New?" it shows me all the most recent posts, including ones in the "empty" forums.. If I click the link to view the thread, I get "Error - The requested forum could not be found."..

Any ideas? I'd love to get my live forum moved over to xenforo asap, but this is proving it be a major hurdle :unsure:

Any help is really appreciated (y)

edit: oh, importing from punbb 1.2.4 btw

If the importer is incorrectly assigning threads to categories instead of forums, then you can resolve it with SQL queries.

Code:
UPDATE xf_thread
SET node_id = 4
WHERE node_id = 2

The above query will move all threads from node 2 to node 4.

You can check the node IDs in the ACP - hover over the node name or click the node to edit it and the ID will appear in the URL.

If the importer is incorrectly assigning threads to categories instead of forums, then you can resolve it with SQL queries.

Code:
UPDATE xf_thread
SET node_id = 4
WHERE node_id = 2

The above query will move all threads from node 2 to node 4.

You can check the node IDs in the ACP - hover over the node name or click the node to edit it and the ID will appear in the URL.

Sorry, but all that's a bit beyond me :confused:

I'm just a regular customer, who was going to buy vBulletin but after reading about the controversy I thought I'd check out XenForo instead. I'm a *bit* technical (i.e. I can handle exporting/importing databases via phpMyAdmin, FTP, etc.) but SQL is way over my head.. I wouldn't even know where to type the above commands, let alone trust myself to do it!

I'm just hoping that reports such as mine and Gwynei's will help the OP build a fully working importer, so that your "average consumer" like me can buy and enjoy XenForo :)

Like I told Scott once, without the dataset it's very hard to debug...
I'm more than happy to provide whatever you need to help.. Let me know what you need to see and I'll post it.. I'm assuming you don't mean the whole db, since that's over 100MB!

@sforum: See the reply below, I think those two tables will be enough for the import developer to debug this situation.

Unfortunately I didn't find time to be more supportive in this situation sorry about that..

Ideally the whole dataset (you can remove the email addresses), but I'm mainly interested in the pun_categories and pun_forums tables.

@sforum: See the reply below, I think those two tables will be enough for the import developer to debug this situation.

Unfortunately I didn't find time to be more supportive in this situation sorry about that..
in that case, benjy - do you want me to export just those two tables from the live punbb db and send them to you? they're only 1.4KB gzipped..

thanks..

in that case, benjy - do you want me to export just those two tables from the live punbb db and send them to you? they're only 1.4KB gzipped..
For a start yes, I can then see where the import could have failed. Also I'd need your live PunBB URL.

Update: corrected an *enormous* bug with categories/forums importing where there would be a mixup in the import log and later at the discussion importing step. Thanks to sforum for the dataset.

NB: will also update the FluxBB importer.

Update: corrected an *enormous* bug with categories/forums importing where there would be a mixup in the import log and later at the discussion importing step. Thanks to sforum for the dataset.

thanks for all your help with this, benjy.. i thought i would try your importer with the latest xenforo 1.1b2, but it seems to fall over at the "import users" stage..

i click "import user groups", which seems to work.. i then click "import users", which takes me to the "configure user import" screen.. i click the "import users" button, but then get:

Error

The field 'identities' was not recognised.

of course, this isn't a big deal to me, as i can always import my punbb forum using your add-on within xenforo 1.0.4, then upgrade xenforo, but i thought you might like to know so that you could fix your add-on to work with the newer versions of xenforo!

of course, this isn't a big deal to me, as i can always import my punbb forum using your add-on within xenforo 1.0.4, then upgrade xenforo, but i thought you might like to know so that you could fix your add-on to work with the newer versions of xenforo!
As stated in the 1.1 announcement, identities don't work as they used to to. Moreover, I won't upgrade the importer until 1.1 reaches final or at least RC state :giggle:

As stated in the 1.1 announcement, identities don't work as they used to to. Moreover, I won't upgrade the importer until 1.1 reaches final or at least RC state :giggle:
ah, sorry.. as a "non-developer", i don't read technical details, such as the above, in upgrade announcements!

the latter statement makes perfect sense, though; i'll just wait until then..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom