• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

PunBB 1.2/1.3 Importer

Status
Not open for further replies.
definitely! now that 1.1 final has been released, any idea of an ETA on the new version? not harassing you for it btw - just asking so i can plan my roll-out schedule :)

thanks a lot..
Hi,

I just finished an untested version of the import script. If it works, great. If not, I'm sorry and you'll have to wait 2 weeks when I'm back from holidays :rolleyes:
Anyway, here it is... **fingers crossed**

Attachments

Hi,

I just finished an untested version of the import script. If it works, great. If not, I'm sorry and you'll have to wait 2 weeks when I'm back from holidays :rolleyes:
jesus wept, i wasn't expecting a response for days, let alone minutes!! lol..

thanks.. i'll test it out when i get a chance.. enjoy your holiday! :D

Hi,

Has anyone tested this yet, out of interest? I haven't had a chance yet, but will report back once I do. It may not be for a while though, so thought I'd ask. :)

Hi,

Just tried running this. Got as far as 'Import Users', specified my merge options and hit OK, then got:

Server Error

Undefined index: is_banned
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in CodeInMotion/Importer/PunBB.php at line 692
  2. CodeInMotion_Importer_PunBB->_importUser() in CodeInMotion/Importer/PunBB.php at line 666
  3. CodeInMotion_Importer_PunBB->_importOrMergeUser() in CodeInMotion/Importer/PunBB.php at line 451
  4. CodeInMotion_Importer_PunBB->stepUsers() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  5. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /[myurl]/xf/admin.php at line 13
:(

seeing as it mentions 'bans', I suspect it relates to a problem you ran into with the original importer:

Benjy said:
Where I am right now:
- user bans bug because PunBB uses a strange table where teh same user can be banned multiple times and sometimes there are only emails and sometimes even only an IP... I chose to only import banned users (with accounts)

FWIW, I'm perfectly happy to drop/ignore banned & unverified users. All I want is for my 'proper' users, forums, threads and posts to be successfully migrated. :)

My bad, I missed this. Remove line 692 in file /library/CodeInMotion/Importer/PunBB.php and try again please.
PHP:
            'is_banned' => $user['is_banned'],

My bad, I missed this. Remove line 692 in file /library/CodeInMotion/Importer/PunBB.php and try again please.
PHP:
            'is_banned' => $user['is_banned'],
So I just remove that from the PunBB.php file on the server and try running it again? I don't have to re-install the Add-on or anything?

Yup, it's that simple.
If only it were!

Solved that problem. Now we have:

Server Error

Undefined index: facebook
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in CodeInMotion/Importer/PunBB.php at line 771
  2. CodeInMotion_Importer_PunBB->_importUser() in CodeInMotion/Importer/PunBB.php at line 666
  3. CodeInMotion_Importer_PunBB->_importOrMergeUser() in CodeInMotion/Importer/PunBB.php at line 451
  4. CodeInMotion_Importer_PunBB->stepUsers() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  5. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132

Indeed, I didn't check that PunBB doesn't have Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn fields... Just replace lines 767 to 773 with:

PHP:
        foreach (array('aim', 'facebook', 'icq', 'jabber', 'linkedin', 'msn', 'skype', 'twitter', 'yahoo') AS $identityType)
        {
            if (isset($userFieldDefinitions[$identityType]) && isset($user[$identityType]))
            {
                $import[XenForo_Model_Import::USER_FIELD_KEY][$identityType] = $this->_convertToUtf8($user[$identityType]);
            }
        }

Sorry for making you work :p

Indeed, I didn't check that PunBB doesn't have Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn fields... Just replace lines 767 to 773 with:

PHP:
        foreach (array('aim', 'facebook', 'icq', 'jabber', 'linkedin', 'msn', 'skype', 'twitter', 'yahoo') AS $identityType)
        {
            if (isset($userFieldDefinitions[$identityType]) && isset($user[$identityType]))
            {
                $import[XenForo_Model_Import::USER_FIELD_KEY][$identityType] = $this->_convertToUtf8($user[$identityType]);
            }
        }

Sorry for making you work :p

Don't apologise, I'm just glad you're here to help! Unfortunately, I'm now getting:

Server Error

Undefined index: is_admin
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in CodeInMotion/Importer/PunBB.php at line 775

I'm a bit worried that all these errors/failed imports is going to eventually cause some irreparable damage, or corrupt data once the import is complete. Is that a possibility? Of course, I have taken a db backup before I started any of this, but even so it has me concerned. :confused:

Thanks for all your swift responses! :D

Line 775
PHP:
        if (isset($user['is_admin']) && $user['is_admin'])

As for your question, it would indeed be better to start fresh each time... the important thing to know is that your original data is kept untouched, you just have to "reset" XenForo (the best way being deleting its MySQL tables and reinstalling).

Line 775
PHP:
        if (isset($user['is_admin']) && $user['is_admin'])

As for your question, it would indeed be better to start fresh each time... the important thing to know is that your original data is kept untouched, you just have to "reset" XenForo (the best way being deleting its MySQL tables and reinstalling).
Not wanting to jinx it, but so far so good - we have a progress bar/report!

Import Threads and Posts... 0.86%

:D

Result! The import seemed to go OK. I've had a quick poke around, and all the data seems to be where it should be.

Thanks, Benjy. :D

Benjy I appreciate, thank you for that importer but I think, Facebook still using PunBB as a support forum for their developers community. Hehehe :p

I only said that PunBB didn't have a facebook (contact) field in their MySQL default database... https://github.com/punbb/punbb/wiki/Database-tables-reference

Well then, that's a good idea but I don't know so anything about PunBB. However, I've never been all that impressed with punBB though I've never used it as an admin or an user. So, I'd guess PunBB is simple and clean forum script. I suspect that is all Facebook was looking for. OR perhaps, less features means less bandwidth needed and better security. I just think it that's could be a good reason for their punBB forums OR I really don't know more about all of them. Whatever, I'm sure people who using punBB forum then, they will move to XenForo script by your Importer. Thanks again :)

Kingly Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom