Promoting your website

Summit

I have a question for the community. Im new to the website world, trying to make connections, but its quite hard. I want badly to get my website the attention, but I don't really know how. What have you guys done to get the word out?

aeroforcegaming.com is the URL

Any help is appreciated, as I could really use it :)

You'll have to advertise yourself on gaming forums for which you community is involved in, so say you play DCUO like my community does, you can have a few members register to the forum for that particular game and be active members there while advertising if allowed, in the signature area or in what ever area they may have set up for it. Contests are also great for traffic, but bet sure to use things like twitter and facebook, reddit is good also to advertise contests. (use # to tag others for the contest, etc. on twitter). There is more you can do but that's a good start.

You'll have to advertise yourself on gaming forums for which you community is involved in, so say you play DCUO like my community does, you can have a few members register to the forum for that particular game and be active members there while advertising if allowed, in the signature area or in what ever area they may have set up for it. Contests are also great for traffic, but bet sure to use things like twitter and facebook, reddit is good also to advertise contests. (use # to tag others for the contest, etc. on twitter). There is more you can do but that's a good start.
Okay, ill try some of those. Any gaming forums you know of that allow advertising?

Then I suggest finding forums related to all systems and reading the regulations for advertising, and just make a presence there. Also decide what kind of games you want to target and do the same on the respective forums. Gaming websites in general are a bit hard to break into, as most people just want to stay on the site that the game they are playing is for. @Carlos may be able to give you better advice on this subject, I believe he runs a CoD forum that is doing very well.

Then I suggest finding forums related to all systems and reading the regulations for advertising, and just make a presence there. Also decide what kind of games you want to target and do the same on the respective forums. Gaming websites in general are a bit hard to break into, as most people just want to stay on the site that the game they are playing is for. @Carlos may be able to give you better advice on this subject, I believe he runs a CoD forum that is doing very well.
Alright, thanks so much @DEZero, really means a lot helping me. Im trying my very best to get the word out, but I think I was advertising in the wrong areas. I'll look for some forums that support advertising. Then ill take it from there.

Facebook page ! Giveaway contest ...

How to get those Facebook members to site - Simple my giveaway contests Rules :
One should sign up on site , Must be atleast 25 useful posts on site , Share image on related topic with my site name "i love sitename.com " and date in there etc .

Small things like these helps me.

Facebook page ! Giveaway contest ...

How to get those Facebook members to site - Simple my giveaway contests Rules :
One should sign up on site , Must be atleast 25 useful posts on site , Share image on related topic with my site name "i love sitename.com " and date in there etc .

Small things like these helps me.

That sounds like a great idea, I'll give that a shot right now. Still looking for forums that allow advertising though.

Anyone else have any thoughts on how to promote?

Last edited:
Thanks for the word of confidence. :D Love the positivity of yours! :)

Michael, you might want to start getting social media accounts for your site.

And find a handle that is consistent across social networks, I.E:

facebook.com/WWE
twitter.com/WWE
google.com/WWE
youtube.com/WWE

And so on and on. Then start pushing threads onto those social media sites - like for example:

Favorite #CallofDutyGhosts killstreak? http://www.codforums.com/threads/favorite-codghosts-killstreak.4498/ What's your favorite #CODGhosts Killstreak?
Tweet is here. Inspired 2 retweets, and one favorite. I have more of these viral tweets, but that's just one example. That tweet goes to this thread.

You have to treat your posts like news, especially on a big day, such as leaks just over the weekend. Example here.

Focus on one area of your site for the short term; and then keep going until users start coming and post. Switch to the next hot franchise on another day, rinse and repeat until you see some threads being made, members joining. I do this all the time with each one of my sites. I have a Metal Gear site, I have a bunch of CoD site (obviously), I used to have a few fighting game site(s), which is now merged into my blog/forum.

facebook.com/WWE
twitter.com/WWE
google.com/WWE
youtube.com/WWE

And so on and on. Then start pushing threads onto those social media sites - like for example:

Tweet is here. Inspired 2 retweets, and one favorite. I have more of these viral tweets, but that's just one example. That tweet goes to this thread.

You have to treat your posts like news, especially on a big day, such as leaks just over the weekend. Example here.

Focus on one area of your site for the short term; and then keep going until users start coming and post. Switch to the next hot franchise on another day, rinse and repeat until you see some threads being made, members joining. I do this all the time with each one of my sites. I have a Metal Gear site, I have a bunch of CoD site (obviously), I used to have a few fighting game site(s), which is now merged into my blog/forum.

Alright thanks Carlos, ill give social media a shot, then ill post how it goes :)

I have a question for the community. Im new to the website world, trying to make connections, but its quite hard. I want badly to get my website the attention, but I don't really know how. What have you guys done to get the word out?

aeroforcegaming.com is the URL

Any help is appreciated, as I could really use it :)

We had a national association promote this on their website and their RSS newsfeeds. We're trying to provide a resource for a segment of their demographics and they are happy to help support our efforts.

Not using any social media currently. How are they able to help your forum?

Thanks!

Not using any social media currently. How are they able to help your forum?
I just explained that....

facebook.com/WWE
twitter.com/WWE
google.com/WWE
youtube.com/WWE

Favorite #CallofDutyGhosts killstreak? http://www.codforums.com/threads/favorite-codghosts-killstreak.4498/ What's your favorite #CODGhosts Killstreak?

Top Bottom