Promoting your website

Facebook was our main source of visitors. We used to be heavily involved in creating our community through facebook and it helped a lot. A few months ago we were notified that Facebook considers poker as gambling so we started to move away from it. Last month was our first time that we did not promote our activities there but we still send links on some of our news at the forum. Twitter has never picked up as well as Facebook but also helps.

Anyway we are getting more visitors from Google now. As gaming is not flagged by Facebook maybe you should consider it a good source for visitors but in our experience it’s kind of hard to keep up being social at Facebook when you want them being social at your forum so finding a way to convert your Facebook likes to users in your forum is very important. Things like what @iTuN3r said are very good examples.

Keep making good content and update your social networks regularly I guess that would be the best way to begin. Also don’t forget to feature other users content, it gives a sense of pride and can make them want to contribute with more good things to be featured at your Facebook page or forum.

Our content is in Spanish but you might get the idea: www.facebook.com/poquer833 of what I’m rambling about.

Yeah, now I just need my Facebook accounts to stop getting "Hacked" and require a gov ID or credit card.

https://www.facebook.com/catfishutopia

Here is what i am talking about ! Started this page week before last sunday to be exact . I am working on another fishing related community nation wide . First i started up with small group connections...connect with some emerging companies within industry . Give them something to get busy with while i am working on the site . Will be launching on 25th this month . Started Promotion giveaway $50Bass pro gift card . So far great results .

https://www.facebook.com/catfishutopia

Here is what i am talking about ! Started this page week before last sunday to be exact . I am working on another fishing related community nation wide . First i started up with small group connections...connect with some emerging companies within industry . Give them something to get busy with while i am working on the site . Will be launching on 25th this month . Started Promotion giveaway $50Bass pro gift card . So far great results .
Awesome, and nice job for you. Im going to get some stuff to give away and see how it goes. Advertiesed a little on a gaming forum, and it grabbed quite a few members for me. Which was great, so thanks for the idea @DEZero. @Carlos, I have been using Twitter mostly. I'm trying to get Facebook into the swing of things, and I'll let you know how it goes. @Motobaka yes, I am trying to use Facebook. I was having some problems with them, but now it seems resolved.

Question, do any of you know of an add-on that does social groups? If any are free that would be great, but if not still let me know.

I want to use it for clans and etc

No I mean, when I sign up the account on Facebook, then I go to login for the first time. "Sorry your accounts been hacked" -_-
Yeah, it's because you didn't put HTTPS on it back then. Accounts get hacked because it was too easy to get them without HTTPS. Facebook has always been vulnerable, even if the site is coded and owned by a hacker himself.

Yeah, it's because you didn't put HTTPS on it back then. Accounts get hacked because it was too easy to get them without HTTPS. Facebook has always been vulnerable, even if the site is coded and owned by a hacker himself.
Alright, I'll give that a shot :) Also, do you know any group add-ons?

Top Bottom