XF 1.1 Promoting users to primary usergroup ?

Adam H

Im probably missing something here but ive looked around for nearly an hour so i must be blind.

Im trying to mass promote users to a primary usergroups who are in the "registered" group and have over 50 posts, thats all setup and fine. Ive also edited the usergrouppromotion.php to allow me to mass promote all users at once rather than the ones recently active.

I then run the cron and it seems to be "adding" the users to the other usergroup rather than moving their primary group.

Is there a way around this other than doing it manually ?

Promotions are always secondary groups - the XF permission system is designed around this concept. You'd need to change things manually to do what you want, but I'd recommend that you change your permission scheme to "fit" the secondary group concept.

[Edit: ninja'd]

That is how the user groups are designed to work.

By default everyone should be in the Registered group and any additional groups are secondary.
That's what's happened when I imported my forum from VB.
I was in the registered group AND in the admin group.
I could not find the hidden forum.
The node was there in the ACP but no access to the hidden forum when I was trying to see the whole forum.
Was the export-import corrupted? Took me 5 export-import with different methods to find out on the end that
I should quit the registered group to see the whole forum.

That's what's happened when I imported my forum from VB.
I was in the registered group AND in the admin group.
I could not find the hidden forum.
The node was there in the ACP but no access to the hidden forum when I was trying to see the whole forum.
Was the export-import corrupted? Took me 5 export-import with different methods to find out on the end that
I should quit the registered group to see the whole forum.
Sounds like you had permissions set to prevent the Registered group from seeing the hidden forum. What you should instead set are permissions for the Admin group to see the hidden forum. If you use the private node feature, simply set View node to Allow. Registered users won't see the private node as they don't have this permission. No need then for folk to be removed from the Registered group by setting this with the lowest permissions and using secondary groups to give additive permissions.

Sounds like you had permissions set to prevent the Registered group from seeing the hidden forum.
Yes.
Seems because it was a no, the admin permission yes did not override it.
(With VB I was only in the admin group. The converter put me in the registered AND secondly in the admin group)

Top Bottom