1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Promoting users and moving to a group instead of adding a group

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by ehd, Dec 29, 2013.

1. ehd

ehd Active Member

I really did not find this a solution to this.

Users are in Group A. Based on a certain criteria, for example x posts, I want to move them to another Group B. The only thing I found was adding them to Group B. Group A is still the main group they are in. Is there a way to achieve changing groups?

Thanks for your help.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That's not possible without an add-on.

However, I would recommend reading the resource in my signature about user groups and permissions as that is not how the system has been designed.
  3. ehd

ehd Active Member

Thanks, I did, but this didn't help me doing what I wanted to do.
  4. Brogan

What are you trying to do?
  5. ehd

ehd Active Member

Users automatically are in the "registered" group after clicking the confirmation-link. There is no pre-moderation.

Users who have zero posts for more than 30 days should move from "registered" to "zeroposters" (doing this manually through batch from time to time).

If they start writing (after 1 post) they should being moved to "registered", right now when promoted they keep "zeroposter"s as their main group and have "registered" as a second group. This may not really comply to your system, does it?
  6. Brogan

Do it the other way.

Set the Registered group to moderated, promote into a group which isn't moderated.
    Remove those members from the additional group if they don't post in 30 days.
  7. ehd

ehd Active Member

I'll try, thx.
  8. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

How? Is this posible on promotion?
  9. Brogan

The poster is doing it manually.

10. ehd

ehd Active Member

One very basic question: can you please tell me how to set a usergroup "moderated" ?

Can it be done here?

What does it do?

11. ehd

ehd Active Member

Oh.... It could be
    "Follow message moderation rules" from "permission_general_followModerationRules"

I am using a non-English-version.

But from:

For example:

- I want users to write PCs from 10 posts upwards
    - the registered group has to be moderated, no PCs
    - if the user has more than 10 posts, he will be promoted the unmoderated group, where he can send PCs

All users with <10 posts have to be moderated then?

Is there another way to achieve this?
  12. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Make sure the permission "Follow message moderation rules" is set to Not Set (No).

That usergroup is for guests and users who have not confirmed their email address after confirmation.

As Brogan stated, set the Registered group to moderated and use a usergroup promotion to remove them from moderation later.
  13. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I don't understand what you are asking. Do you want new users to be moderated or not?
  14. ehd

ehd Active Member

Sorry, I posted the wrong group, but I meant the usergroup settings.

But I can't moderate hundreds or thousand posts a day?
  15. ehd

ehd Active Member

No actually not.

I want users move to another main usergroup after x posts. But that doesn't seem to be possible. So I'm looking for a solution.

<10 posts, no private conversations
    >10 posts, private conversations allowed
  16. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Use a usergroup promotion. Personal conversation permissions for Registered are Not Set (No). Promote to a secondary group after 10 posts where these permissions are set to Allow.
  17. ehd

ehd Active Member

OK, thank you.

Primary usergroups stays Registered.
    Additional usergroup will be PCsallowed

So is it enough to just make a group with one click at "Send PCs" and allow that (rest is not set), or do I have to copy all the same settings from the registered group?
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  18. Brogan

19. ehd

ehd Active Member

Thanks, promotion works fine.

But this one puzzles me:

20. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member