As designed Profile Status on Member Profile (Upper Area) and Member Card Does Not Adhere to Permissions

Amaury

This might be as designed, but here goes. Profile statuses count as profile posts, but yet, they aren't hidden in the upper area of profiles (with the gender, age, etc.) and on member cards when you deny profile post visibility to a user group.

This is what my profile looks like with profile posts visible to guests:

KHF Test 1.webp

Now, let's say I don't want guests to see profile posts, so I set the View profile posts permission to Not Set (No). The status/post under Profile Posts disappears as intended, but the status is still showing in the upper area of my profile and on my member card:

KHF Test 2.webp

KHF Test 3.webp

Screenshots taken on our test site.

Are the settings the same on your live site? I can't see your status or profile posts on that as a guest.

Under the Profile Posts tab, correct?

If so, this is the area I'm referring to:

KHF Status.webp

You should be seeing that as a guest, though you shouldn't because permissions are set to now show profile posts to guests.

Ah yes, I see "Nights is a loser" on the profile posts tab. I don't see it on your member card and I don't see any other profile posts.

In our case, that's because we have the user status commented out on member cards.

I've enabled the default style if you or anyone else wants to get the actual "feel."

I think this is as designed. A status (apart of being a status) is a profile post. Even if the visitor doesn't have permissions to see profile posts he can still see status.

If one of the devs confirms that this is as designed I think that you might want to create a suggestion for a new permission "View user status".

This is essentially as expected -- at least, it has been this way since 1.0. There are various places where we display your current status (it's on the member list as well) independent of permissions. I can see the point, though it's not something I think would be changed at this point (at least in 1.x).

Top Bottom