Resource icon

Profile Posts with BB Codes 2.0

No permission to download

AlexT

AlexT submitted a new resource:

Profile Posts with BB Codes (version 0.9) - Why not share Youtube videos on your profile page? ;)

This add-on is still young and may not be bug-free. Your feedback is appreciated.

As of XenForo 1.1.4, posts in profile pages are limited to text-only. That's unfortunate because I know for a fact that my members love using BB Codes to interact with each other on their profile pages (or share visitor messages as it was stilled called in vBulletin). To me, it just makes these pages look more interesting and interactive.

What this add-on does

View attachment 43576...

Read more about this resource...

Hello
Where to place folders in Zip ?
I have repacked the add-on, but it seems the download is still the old file missing the proper file structure. Not sure what I am doing wrong with the resource manager here. {shrugs}

The add-on needs to be placed into /yourxfinstall/library/MobileReadProfileBbCode

Now why in the world did this break the bb code in both my regular posts and signatures? This happened before I was able to configure the template edits. Is this behavior to be expected? Disabled for now.

Now why in the world did this break the bb code in both my regular posts and signatures? This happened before I was able to configure the template edits. Is this behavior to be expected? Disabled for now.
Well, certainly it wasn't expected, and I appreciate the feedback. It was caused by a missing condition in /BbCode/Formatter/Restricted.php that would apply the BB code restrictions outside the profile area. That's fixed now.

Reactions: DRE
Thank you. Can you please consider include those template edits as TMS edits so that those of us with TMS won't have to do it?

Very nice love this addon just installed and make profile way more useful and better than ever :P Thanks Great work!

Unable to upgrade it with Addon Installer so I uninstalled it. I took your older version and put the new restricted.php file in there, copied-n-pasted your addon.xml file from the latest version then rezipped the new folder under a new name, reuploaded and it installed. So I think something might be wrong with your latest upgrade's zip package.

Unable to upgrade it with Addon Installer so I uninstalled it. I took your older version and put the new restricted.php file in there, copied-n-pasted your addon.xml file from the latest version then rezipped the new folder under a new name, reuploaded and it installed. So I think something might be wrong with your latest upgrade's zip package.
i installed it manually worked fine

Any idea why my YouTube vids are chopped in half vertically?

Looks like the comment area isn't wide enough. Can we extend this?

crazy1.webp

Should include images by default since vB3 and vB4 does. Took me awhile to figure out that I had to actually add it in options.

Yes in message_simple.css
Find
Code:
.messageSimple .messageResponse
{
    margin-top: 10px;
    font-size: 11px;
    max-width: 400px;
    _width: 400px;

replace with

Code:
{
    max-width: 600px;

Reactions: DRE
Any idea why my YouTube vids are chopped in half vertically?

Looks like the comment area isn't wide enough. Can we extend this?

View attachment 43730
Okay I fixed it by altering the css in message_simple.css

Rich (BB code):
{
    max-width: 400px;
}

Top Bottom