1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Reproduce Profile information does not save in Chrome

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by jadmperry, Oct 10, 2010.

1. jadmperry

jadmperry Well-Known Member

I updated my personal information a few times but whenever I would refresh or return to my site, the information was gone. I did this on Chrome. After thinking about it a bit, I tried again in IE8 and it saved without problem.

2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

This sounds suspiciously like a cached javascript issue, could you clear all cached and temporary files and see if you still have the problem? Mike and I both use Chrome with no issue whatsoever.

3. jadmperry

Strangest thing....this morning when I logged back in, all the updates are gone. It is like it takes it, then deletes it after (or, maybe it is just a privacy setting that I am missing and it is not displaying?). In my recent activity, for example, it shows that I set my homepage....but the information tab is empty. I will play around with it a bit and see what is up.

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I have to say that's really baffling. I see no reason for that to happen.

5. jadmperry

Yeah, I don't know how/why it happened...seemed to resolve though, after the next day, I re-input the information and it "sticked." I would normally just think it was probably my fault/operator error, but it was so strange, I can't think why it would have happened.

Anyway, it seems to be a non/problem or a transient issue. Will post again if it recurs.