Implemented Profile Covers

Divvens

Members are used to adding profile covers as all other social media networks offer them to upload their own covers to profiles, it also adds extra customization per profile.
  • Let users be able to upload profile covers and have the ability to position the cover just like in the avatar editor
  • Have the cover be responsive friendly (like facebook)
With 2.0 profiles looking more modern and a lot better, profile covers will be amazing.

I tried searching for an existing suggestion but there wasn't one.

The cover can look like something it does on Facebook/Twitter, with a little part of the avatar on the bottom of the cover and rest of the avatar outside the cover, with username - user title and current activity right next to the avatar on top of the cover and the rest details as it is in 2.0 profile pages.

Upvote 45
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm going to go ahead and vote for this with the added suggestion:

I like the way Discourse handles this. They also show a less opaque (semi-transparent) version of the image in the hovercard (the blue area in XF). To me this works for forums because we hover profiles more than click to the full pages. We hover them in all the apps. We don't have to land on their page. I really like the way they do this, because it adds instant personality without having to visit the profile. So I went ahead and Liked post #1. ;)

And yes, this could increase clicks to a page unlike how you just stumble upon profile images w/o it in the hover. So it addressees the issue I initially posted.

Last edited:
Anyway, should be there ,so anyone have option to choose.
Otherwise this engine is inferior in this regard to ,for instance: invision forums, and people might choose the latter.

I found this add-on, even shows on hovercard like my suggestion:
This is the updated one with even more features:

Last edited:
Top Bottom