Implemented Profile Covers

Divvens

Members are used to adding profile covers as all other social media networks offer them to upload their own covers to profiles, it also adds extra customization per profile.
  • Let users be able to upload profile covers and have the ability to position the cover just like in the avatar editor
  • Have the cover be responsive friendly (like facebook)
With 2.0 profiles looking more modern and a lot better, profile covers will be amazing.

I tried searching for an existing suggestion but there wasn't one.

The cover can look like something it does on Facebook/Twitter, with a little part of the avatar on the bottom of the cover and rest of the avatar outside the cover, with username - user title and current activity right next to the avatar on top of the cover and the rest details as it is in 2.0 profile pages.

Upvote 45
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Here's a sloppy/quick mock-up of how it could be done on desktops, the same would then be resized (as part of responsive, like how Facbeook does too) for smaller screens.

Of course, a minor change would be required for user profiles on mobiles so that the avatar isn't smack center of the cover but rather just at the lower portion of the cover.

CoverMockUp.webp

Profile Cover is a must thing nowadays, I'm currently using an add-on which is not supported and not up-to-date anymore, please add this in XenForo 2.0

We have an add on on our community for Profile Covers , it will be great if we can get rid of the add on and use this as a built in feature.

Since you are bringing 2.1 and all these cool features. It would be really good to add profile cover photos as a core feature. There is already the space for it on the profile page, just need to add the function.

My users never used it. On forums we don't visit the public versions of our profiles like we do on sm or treat them as our homepages. That's just my experience, but if I was pushing for a "mandatory" core feature, this one would not be it.

My users never used it. On forums we don't visit the public versions of our profiles like we do on sm or treat them as our homepages. That's just my experience, but if I was pushing for a "mandatory" core feature, this one would not be it.
I totally agree. It's not well requested, I've seen many communities who have this feature but not many members care to use it. I wouldn't count on it either but if it does get added as an 'extra' then great, saves those from buying it as an add-on.

This is one of those ideas that sounds good on paper. I admit they do make a profile page look nice and more sm. But does that help engagement? Or attract users to the page? Or kick start your users' profile comment usage? Is your site suddenly more social?

XF has a good grasp on what is mandatory in core and I like that the software is lean but essential.

Last edited:
Top Bottom