Profile Completion Steps [Paid] [Deleted]

After installing it and creating a task i don't see any progress or list of tasks on my board, tried setup mode and normal mode, tried to use the default style. Nothing. Anything i can do?

EDIT: Nevermind, it worked after reinstall.

For the record it is designed in a way so if a user completes a task they can't go "backwards" when more tasks are added. So if you get to 100% out of setup mode you are forever at 100%. I can see admin issues with testing etc but more issues if I don't do this from users complaining to admins because they did something and have to do something else again after being done.

I need to explain this better and allow admin features to "reset" tasks so they can test after when setup mode is off.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but do the steps have to be completed in the order their listed in order for the % progress marker to increase?

I just created a new account and actioned two tasks further down the list, yet the progress bar didn't increase until I went back to action whichever task was first on the list.

I'm also getting two notifications upon 100% completion.

That is as designed to stop certain things happening when and admin edits the list. However it will be changed in future versions to increase the %.

I completely forgot about the 2 alerts bug, I'll sort that out right now.

Robbo updated Profile Completion Steps with a new update entry:

1.0 Beta 1.0.2 Released

Profile Completion Steps 1.0 Beta 1.0.2 is the first maintenance release in the Beta 1 series. It contains one small bug fix to stop 2 alerts occurring on profile completion. We recommend all customers upgrade to Beta 1.0.2 to benefit from the increased stability.

You can download the new update from the products section.

Installation and Upgrade Instructions

Full details for how to install and upgrade Profile Completion Steps can be found in the XenForo Manual.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: MrC
Hi Robbo,

I have two criteria that I use on this that reference custom user fields, sometimes these are filled in at registration by a user, sometimes they're not.

If they are filled in then once they confirm their email both criteria are crossed out in the notice, yet they haven't been awarded the percentage completion for already completing the task. Any chance you can fix this please?

I've just noticed as well, that when a user verifies their email and is directed back to the site, the 'Verify Email' criteria is crossed out, yet it still suggests to verify your email underneath the progress bar.

verify email.webp

Hard to fix those issues at the moment. Most likely due to editing the criteria in the ACP out of setup mode, that's why it is there. Can you confirm that?

I will have to rework how it knows what is done some time soon.

Ahhh..you might be right, I could have done that without realizing it. I could always uninstall and set it back up again if you think that will fix it?

Well it should be fine for any new users and if the issue is only on test users you should be fine. I need to add a button to reset the progress for a user for testing purposes.

These are (essentially) legit new users I'm testing with, I delete the test user then sign up fresh each time so I'm following the sign up process a real person would experience.

Oh that doesn't sound right... something is wrong there then... can you see if it works fine without the verify email option?

Okay, I just turned on Setup mode, delete all the tasks and remade them and that seemed to stop the issue in post 28.

I've only got two issues now, when clicking the confirmation link the email, the user gets directed back to the site like so:

email confirmatino link.webp
  • When they view this page the verify your email address entry doesn't get marked as completed. It takes a page refresh before that happens.
  • If any user profile field criteria is set, it will be marked as completed, but they won't get the percentage completion points until all previous criteria is complete.
Can this be fixed please?

First issue I will try and solve with some reworks on how it checks what is done.

Second issue is known and on the list to get done, similar to the first issue when it comes to the code.

Thanks Robbo,

Sorry to be pain mate, but I've just noticed that when a user goes to their profile page and updates their status when their profile isn't complete, then it doesn't update properly. The user has to refresh the page before the status appears on their wall.

With the add on disabled or once 100% is met it works just fine.

It should be updating with AJAX whenever saved there to show changes... can you make sure the javascript file is in place?

Yep, I reuploaded the js file.

Tried it in Chrome, FF and Safari with cleared caches, doesn't work.

Interestingly after I post the status update, if I change tabs to recent activity or postings I can see the update, but it doesn't show up on the profile posts tab until I refresh.

Top Bottom