Profile Arrangement

Shelley

Instead of explaining it I provided a mockup via the attachment which explains it better than I could. As you can see the follow/followers block are moved towards the bottom and the avatar's been shifted to the right next the the profile members data/credentials with the gradients extended across the left (where the avatar was) instead of the white space. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Profile_layout_mockup.webp
    Profile_layout_mockup.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 40
Upvote 2
Instead of explaining it I provided a mockup via the attachment which explains it better than I could.

On your profile with your tiny avatar pic, i agree it looks better but on profiles with a bigger avatar I prefer it as it is...
Check out mine.. It looks funky :D

However I do consider the messed up profile display when user has a small avatar a bug as it looks ugly ATM.

On your profile with your tiny avatar pic, i agree it looks better but on profiles with a bigger avatar I prefer it as it is...
Check out mine.. It looks funky :D

I think the avatar shrinks down to a pre-defined size so this wouldn't be a problem. I may be wrong, maybe one of the staff or devs can confirm it's shrinks for everyone at the same size despite the sizes of the avatar.

I think the avatar shrinks down to a pre-defined size so this wouldn't be a problem. I may be wrong, maybe one of the staff or devs can confirm it's shrinks for everyone at the same size despite the sizes of the avatar.

I don't think you get what I mean... check out your profile compared to mine...

xen-profilepic-big-v-small-png.456

Attachments

• xen-profilepic-big-v-small.webp
    xen-profilepic-big-v-small.webp
    59.2 KB · Views: 65
I don't think you get what I mean... check out your profile compared to mine...

I see, perhaps the avatar block can be moved down and the blue gradient I provided extend. Thanks for the headsup, I didn't notice those avatars went to 200px or thereabouts.

Agreed, yI think this should be moved to bug reports... As its currently implementation look nasty with smaller images.

Agreed, yI think this should be moved to bug reports... As its currently implementation look nasty with smaller images.

But it's not a bug, it's how it's designed. Requesting a change in the design is a suggestion, not a bug report.

But it's not a bug, it's how it's designed. Requesting a change in the design is a suggestion, but a bug report.

Hmmm I guess, though I still see it as a bug :P.. it was a design issue that was not thought of that has created a very ugly issue :P... It isn't actually that bad, but I think that the image should have a min-width/height OR the avatar area at least should and the avatar should be centred on it... like how it is handled on member cards.

But it's not a bug, it's how it's designed. Requesting a change in the design is a suggestion, but a bug report.

The only possible bug would be that if you have a tiny avatar, the left column goes up to far and looks bad. If they enforced a minimum height on the avatar area, that would fix it. I dunno.

The only possible bug would be that if you have a tiny avatar, the left column goes up to far and looks bad. If they enforced a minimum height on the avatar area, that would fix it. I dunno.

even then the box on the right looks silly just ending in white

Heh, maybe the solution is if you're going to upload an avatar, have a required minimum size for it as well as maximum size.

Top Bottom