XF 2.2 Article: Show thread starter profile at top?

Hi There,

I'd like to have an article forum on my site,
but I don't like that the thread starter profile is at the bottom of it.

Does anyone know if I can change that, so it may be at the top / above the article?!

Thank you

Hi There,

I'd like to have an article forum on my site,
but I don't like that the thread starter profile is at the bottom of it.

Does anyone know if I can change that, so it may be at the top / above the article?!

Thank you
Should be a template edit... but what exactly do you mean "at the top/above article.
Are you using the stock XF style, or a custom one? If custom, you really need to address this question in the discussion thread for it.

Should be a template edit... but what exactly do you mean "at the top/above article.
Are you using the stock XF style, or a custom one? If custom, you really need to address this question in the discussion thread for it.
I mean, when a user writes an article,
he (his profile pic / name) is shown at the bottom of the article.

This is default as I see it,
with stock XF, and also with my custom theme (no difference).

Might there be a setting the admin panel, to show authors details at top (over the article)?!

it will be a template edit. You should be able to use TMS to modify the templates so that it applies no matter what style you use as long as it uses the base template syntax.
It's probably in post_macros but I honestly haven't played around with shoving the user info at the top since for me it is not as important as the actual data related to the article.
There is no default setting.. as I said.. it will require a template edit.

Open post_article_macros template.

FIND and CUT (line 97):
HTML:
        <xf:if is="!$isListItem">
            <aside class="message-articleUserInfo">
                <div class="message-cell">
                    <xf:macro name="author_info" arg-user="{$post.User}" arg-fallbackName="{$post.username}" />
                </div>
            </aside>
        </xf:if>

In the same template FIND and PASTE ABOVE (line 25):
HTML:
<span class="u-anchorTarget" id="post-{$post.post_id}"></span>

Open post_article_macros template.

FIND and CUT (line 97):
HTML:
        <xf:if is="!$isListItem">
            <aside class="message-articleUserInfo">
                <div class="message-cell">
                    <xf:macro name="author_info" arg-user="{$post.User}" arg-fallbackName="{$post.username}" />
                </div>
            </aside>
        </xf:if>

In the same template FIND and PASTE ABOVE (line 25):
HTML:
<span class="u-anchorTarget" id="post-{$post.post_id}"></span>
probably would be better (as i recommended) doing a TMS entry instead of modifying the base template.. or at least that's what I personally would do.

Top Bottom