1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Professional Style Designers - Are You Making Skins for Xenforo ?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by vijayninel, Sep 25, 2010.

1. vijayninel

vijayninel Active Member

Hi,

I know its rather premature right now as XenForo isn't even beta as yet, but wanted to know if any professional style designers, some of whom I know are members here have plans to be making styles for Xenforo anytime soon?

The default style which comes along with the forum software does not suit all communities. So no matter how much kier and mike like the "clean look"of xenforo, it is not going to be to the taste of all admins and their communities who have very different tastes. The lack of good professional skins for vB4 was one of the reasons why a lot of people did not buy/upgrade to vB4.

I wonder if xenforo have given pre-beta xenforo to professional style designers for evaluation as yet.

Thanks.

2. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

The short answer is yes, there are plenty of designers ready to make skins. And it'll be pretty easy to make your own as well - have a look that and other cool stuff here. :)

3. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

Jethro likes this.
  4. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

You can bet on it :)

AmericanForum.com likes this.
  5. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure there will be professional, and non professional skins very quickly after xenforo is released :)

Forsaken likes this.
  6. Elizabeth

Couldn't remember your url, Miko

7. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I think the link in his sig might be a bit of a give away Liz :p

8. Elizabeth

It is but I posted John's before Miko posted

9. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

'
    It's http://themesinc.com :)

Thank you Kim!

10. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

fair enough :)

They are both lovely guys!

11. Elizabeth

And extremely talented, we are lucky to have them both aboard.

Dragonfly likes this.
  12. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Indeed! :D

13. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I'm betting Liz and Kim will be putting some out as well. ;)

I'll be designing a few after the first of the year. Too many prior commitments til then.

14. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

15. Elizabeth

Yeah, :) 
    Glad to hear you're coming back, Peggy.
    Btw, mine is in my signature too. It defaults to a placeholder page for now.  

16. John

John Well-Known Member

Yes, I will be doing skins...custom jobs only though ;) I'm sure that Kim, Liz, Miko and others will have lot's of great offerings :)

Jethro and Peggy like this.
  17. vijayninel

vijayninel Active Member

Ah1 good to know so many professional designers will be offering styles. Cant wait to see what they will be like. :)

18. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

I'm just so very excited to see what styles/skins/themes are developed as am noting Graphics folks from both Invision and vBulletin floating around. Think it's going to be magic time kids.

19. vijayninel

vijayninel Active Member

But I hope they will not be just doing custom work like John. There should be good pre made styles available as well.

20. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

There are likely to be quite a few pre-made premium styles made.