Professional Style Designers - Are You Making Skins for Xenforo ?

vijayninel

Hi,

I know its rather premature right now as XenForo isn't even beta as yet, but wanted to know if any professional style designers, some of whom I know are members here have plans to be making styles for Xenforo anytime soon?

The default style which comes along with the forum software does not suit all communities. So no matter how much kier and mike like the "clean look"of xenforo, it is not going to be to the taste of all admins and their communities who have very different tastes. The lack of good professional skins for vB4 was one of the reasons why a lot of people did not buy/upgrade to vB4.

I wonder if xenforo have given pre-beta xenforo to professional style designers for evaluation as yet.

Thanks.

I can't wait to see this develop! My vB license is up in 3 months and after 7 years of being a vB user its time to move on!!!
Welcome to XenForo Mattie! You'll love it, I promise!
biggrin.gif

About styles, I think it won't be our main focus. On XenFans we really want to pull resources together, Miko and I and Peggy's site and others who are all doing styles will find their styles will be at least listed or mentioned on the site as an effort to help promote and show off what you can do with XenForo :)

Brian is on our team, and together with Mikey, Nix and myself we're going to finalize soon something that might be .. oh wait, no spoilers :)

This is true, but I imagine XF could stop you if they wanted to. They are "your styles", yes, but understand that when somebody sells a XF skin, 90% or more of the code they are selling is actually XF's original code ;)

Granted, I don't think it matters either way, because I've never seen something like that enforced, but I do believe that XF has the right to decide what can be sold, by whom, and how it is sold.
hmmm interesting. I never thought about it that way.

About styles, I think it won't be our main focus. On XenFans we really want to pull resources together, Miko and I and Peggy's site and others who are all doing styles will find their styles will be at least listed or mentioned on the site as an effort to help promote and show off what you can do with XenForo :)

Brian is on our team, and together with Mikey, Nix and myself we're going to finalize soon something that might be .. oh wait, no spoilers :)

Can't wait to see it come together, Floris.

@ Ryan:

They offer the export option and since it's only structural code that is XML - it isn't something they can enforce in court, you can claim fair use, and they provoked you to export/import it via that matter.

They can't stop anything unless you use their copyrighted images.

I'll be tossing my hat into the designer-ring, so to speak. Hopefully some will find my designs interesting. I'm a big fan of John - of transversestyles - work. He's a superb IPB and vBulletin designer and I'm especially looking forward to checking out some of his XenForo designs.

Honestly, for me, if it's a paid skin that only means that it's a much better support product. Free is nice, but sometimes you get the best from paying for it.
I totally agree. I remember years ago, way-back-when I wasn't at all knowledgeable with the ins-and-out of vBulletin, pank of Extreme Pixels was very helpful in helping me out with some custom modifications. He was also very generous with the handing out of coupon codes. An absolute gentleman.

I'm sure all skinners interested in the script will be attempting to create styles as soon as they get their hands on it, but I'm not sure you'll find any 'decent' skin releases before gold.

Top Bottom