XF 2.0 Problems With File Upload Size

markransome

Hi,

I am new to XenForo and I hope I am posting in the right place. Sorry if I'm not!

But I have successfully installed XenForo and very impressive it is, but I am having trouble uploading file attachments. As you can see from the code below which is taken from my "php.ini" file I have increased the memory limits on my server. But in my Admin panel under "Options>Attachments" it is saying "The configuration of this server limits this value to 2,048 KB. ".

Now, before I go to my hosting provider with this, I just wondered if there was something in the XenForo code or something I am not doing right?

Code:
; cPanel-generated php ini directives, do not edit
; Manual editing of this file may result in unexpected behavior.
; To make changes to this file, use the cPanel MultiPHP INI Editor (Home >> Software >> MultiPHP INI Editor)
; For more information, read our documentation (https://go.cpanel.net/EA4ModifyINI)

asp_tags = Off
display_errors = Off
max_execution_time = 600
max_input_time = 600
max_input_vars = 1000
memory_limit = 256M
post_max_size = 1024M
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440
session.save_path = "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56"
upload_max_filesize = 1024M
zlib.output_compression = Off

Kind regards to everyone,

Mark

The error message suggests it is a server limitation, so you would need to contact your host.

It is possible there is another ini file from which the value is being taken.

I have got it sorted and I have learned something too which I did not know.

I am currently on shared hosting and the settings in the "php.ini" file do not apply on shared hosting, so I had to get my hosting provider to set it up!

Mark

Top Bottom