1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with file uploads

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by akia, Jun 6, 2011.

1. akia

akia Well-Known Member

I've got a problem with file uploads and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I was running Cpanel on my server with CentOs, everything was working fine but then I stupidly decided to try debian with ISPManger. everything was working fine untill I noticed the uploads has stopped working as when you try to attach a file it just sits at 100%/. I'm also using wordpress and when I try to upload a image with that I get a Internal Server Error, I've also noticed that it says the max file size is 1Mb, even though in php.ini it was set to 32Mb.

I spent hours trying to figure it out but had no look so swapped back to CentOS with Cpanel, but I seem to still have the same problem? I really can't figure out why its doing it as it worked previously and its a clean install of CentOs as well.

Has anyone got a idea of what may be causing it?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are you running mod_security on your server? That can cause this upload problem. Try disabling mod_security by creating a .htaccess file with this code:

Code:
    <IfModule mod_security.c>
    	SecFilterEngine Off
    	SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </IfModule>

3. akia

akia Well-Known Member

I don't have mod security installed.

4. James

James Well-Known Member

ISPManager does suck - no idea why you chose it!

5. akia

akia Well-Known Member

Well I figured it out,

I needed to put

# Work around annoying fcgid limitations
    <IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
    MaxRequestLen 111048576
    </IfModule>

in the Pre VirtualHost Include section. Its a big puzzling though as I've never needed to do it before.

D.O.A. likes this.