XF 1.0 Problems with AJAX while editing/replying

DarkSign

We are using 1.0.4 in a server here, and some of our users are complaining that the Edit/Replying is not working. They click the respective functions, and the load icon keeps there forever. Disabling javascript, makes it to work, so it has to do with AJAX.

What is strange, is that I and some other users are not having any problems.

So, is there some solution we should try? Or maybe it has to do with the server itself?

Thank you for support.

Is the problem consistent for those users? Or does it come and go? Since only some users have this problem I would call this a connectivity or client issue.

Experience also tells me this may be something to do with iconv on your server. But I can't make that determination without a specific error message or some debugging. Is there anything recent in the log?

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

Jake: Yes, there is some errors there. Please check the attached image.
1318310346591-uploadscreenshot-dot-com.webp

The details:

Server Error Log

Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: :sachiko:, Friday at 3:03 AM

Stack Trace

#0 /home/g2anime/domains/g2anime.net/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array) #1 /home/g2anime/domains/g2anime.net/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array) #2 /home/g2anime/domains/g2anime.net/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(820): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('?????UPDATE xf_...', 513) #3 /home/g2anime/domains/g2anime.net/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(496): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_updateUserMessageCount() #4 /home/g2anime/domains/g2anime.net/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1295): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postSave() #5 /home/g2anime/domains/g2anime.net/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(471): XenForo_DataWriter->save() #6 /home/g2anime/domains/g2anime.net/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() #7 /home/g2anime/domains/g2anime.net/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch)) #8 /home/g2anime/domains/g2anime.net/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #9 {main}

Request State

array(3) { ["url"] => string(59) "http://g2anime.net/forums/threads/cherry-thread.1/add-reply" ["_GET"] => array(0) { } ["_POST"] => array(8) { ["message_html"] => string(81) "<p>delete 2 of your posts darkeh XD aand dunno been thinkin bout that too *v*</p>" ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(59) "http://g2anime.net/forums/threads/cherry-thread.1/page-8098" ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "e3e7c5e541214cef901916077e008d60" ["last_date"] => string(10) "1317967238" ["_xfToken"] => string(55) "513,1317967373,a84855ece84a717c35b245366d4f21d69c0fb6ac" ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(41) "/forums/threads/cherry-thread.1/page-8098" ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1" ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json" } }

Lock wait timeout exceeded

I wouldn't expect to see this error for a simple task like submitting a post unless the server is being horribly slow. Has it been slow?

You need to contact your host or server admin about this error. That timeout is the innodb_lock_wait_timeout setting in MySQL. Increasing that limit should avoid this error.

Top Bottom