1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.0 Problems with AJAX while editing/replying

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by DarkSign, Oct 11, 2011.

1. DarkSign

DarkSign Active Member

We are using 1.0.4 in a server here, and some of our users are complaining that the Edit/Replying is not working. They click the respective functions, and the load icon keeps there forever. Disabling javascript, makes it to work, so it has to do with AJAX.

What is strange, is that I and some other users are not having any problems.

So, is there some solution we should try? Or maybe it has to do with the server itself?

Thank you for support.
  2. Tempest

Tempest Active Member

And not with just editing and replying but it extends to switching styles, using the ACP and well... just about anything that makes use of AJAX.
  3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is the problem consistent for those users? Or does it come and go? Since only some users have this problem I would call this a connectivity or client issue.

Experience also tells me this may be something to do with iconv on your server. But I can't make that determination without a specific error message or some debugging. Is there anything recent in the log?

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log
  4. DarkSign

DarkSign Active Member

Jake: Yes, there is some errors there. Please check the attached image.

The details:

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't expect to see this error for a simple task like submitting a post unless the server is being horribly slow. Has it been slow?

You need to contact your host or server admin about this error. That timeout is the innodb_lock_wait_timeout setting in MySQL. Increasing that limit should avoid this error.
  6. DarkSign

DarkSign Active Member

Thank you for the information, Jake. We will contact the host and post if it solved the problem.