1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 problems when upgrading

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by niros_1234, Dec 15, 2015.

1. niros_1234

niros_1234 Member

Hey, guys

I am experiencing an issue when upgrading to the latest version
    I get this error during the upgrade.

Server Error
    Server Error
    include(/home/letsdafm/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter/UserField.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
    2. XenForo_Autoloader::autoload() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
    3. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload()
    4. spl_autoload_call()
    5. class_exists() in XenForo/Install/Model/Upgrade.php at line 176
    6. XenForo_Install_Model_Upgrade->runSchemaCompare() in XenForo/Install/Model/Upgrade.php at line 164
    7. XenForo_Install_Model_Upgrade->getDefaultSchemaErrors() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 239
    8. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->actionComplete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/letsdafm/public_html/forum/install/index.php at line 18

Please help me solved it.

Thank you
  2. Solidus

Solidus Well-Known Member

Are the internal_data and data directories chmod 777?
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It looks like you have permission issues, as /home/letsdafm/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter/UserField.php isn't readable. There isn't really any reason for this, so it may be worth trying a reupload (as that should probably error as well). If the problem still exists, it's probably worth having your host check the permissions on at least that file.
    niros_1234 likes this.
  4. niros_1234

niros_1234 Member

yep. for some reason the permision on the file were 0000. changed it to 644. worked like a charm.
    thanks, guys