1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Problems regards installing add-ons and updating add-ons

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Gardamix, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Gardamix

Gardamix New Member

Hello.

Ive moved from a shared hosting to a VPS @ ramnode.com

Ive used one of the guides from linode.com to set up and secure my VPS.

The db and forum works fine, but its when I am trying to install or update an add-on through the add-on installer by resource link I get errors, same as when I am trying to update an add-on.

Code:
    Server Error

mkdir(): Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
        mkdir() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 68
        XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 134
        AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
        XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
        XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/lawlessmc/public/prison.pw/public/admin.php at line 13

Im also getting these server errors:

Code:
    Server Error Logs
    Server Error Logs

Delete...
        mkdir(): Permission denied A moment ago - library/XenForo/Helper/File.php:68
        Delete...
        mkdir(): Permission denied 19 minutes ago - library/XenForo/Helper/File.php:68
        Delete...
        The path "/home/lawlessmc/public/prison.pw/public/sitemap" is not writable. Maybe you need to chmod 777 29 minutes ago - library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/CronEntry/RebuildSitemap.php:28
        Delete...
        The path "/home/lawlessmc/public/prison.pw/public/sitemap" is not writable. Maybe you need to chmod 777 Yesterday at 2:57 PM - library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/CronEntry/RebuildSitemap.php:28
        Delete...
        mkdir(): Permission denied Monday at 3:41 AM - library/XenForo/Helper/File.php:68
        Delete...
        The path "/home/lawlessmc/public/prison.pw/public/sitemap" is not writable. Maybe you need to chmod 777 Monday at 3:41 AM - library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/CronEntry/RebuildSitemap.php:28
        Delete...
        fopen(/home/lawlessmc/public/prison.pw/public/data/sitemaps/forums_1.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied 

Thanks for every help I can get. Ive just configured the VPS from linode.com guides and uploaded and imported my old forum and database.

Anything else I need to do?
    Ive also chmoded the data and interal-data folder to 777

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That looks like a file ownership issue.

You may need to also chown the dirs/files.

3. Gardamix

Gardamix New Member

Any methods to do this?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member