Problems moving xenforo to another directory

Inflikted

So I have looked at other threads about this, I know you are suppose to change the url in the admincp in the Basic Board Information. I have done that. Now when I go to my new directory with xenforo it loads all the text but none of the css/styling. Oddly enough the admincp styling is still fine. I tried to change the styles, add/remove styles but unfortunately they are still not working properly. Is there something I missed? I do not have the ability to restart the webserver so it is not an option, I don't think this is possible for most people running xenforo as they don't own their webserver. There must be a better way. I turned off all my caching in my config.php as well before doing this.

What if you clear your browsers cache does that make a difference?

Also you could try installing a new add on or creating a new style or anything that would cause a rebuild caches process. This might do the trick.

Might be other fixes but brain not working.

You moved the forum from where to where? Make sure you moved the .htaccess file. And depending on the locations, you should make sure the old .htaccess file is no longer present as that can interfere if the wrong .htaccess file handles the request.

If the problem persists then please post the URL.

Oddly enough after 1 hour it fixed itself, I tried from 3 different computers. Even computers that never visited our site before and it was having the style issue. But after about an hour it resolved itself. Not sure what was occuring still. If I remove the htaccess will it generate a new one?

So I did my final move and it happened again with the styling/javascript not realizing the new directory. I'm not sure if this is considered a bug with xenforo or something on our end. But this time it has been over an hour and it hasn't picked up on the change. I changed the information in the Board Information to reflect the new directory. I tried to add/remove a style and an addon to make it rebuild the cache. The only thing linking properly is my header image and text
I figured I would link my site maybe someone can see something obvious in the source that is going wrong but from what I see it is fine.
http://seriouspants.net/index.php

Looking through the forums, as I am desperate for a solution. I see a long history of xenforo messing up after moving directories even after you change the information in the 'Basic Board Information'. It is a bit disappointing that this occurs. In my 15 years of forum building with vbulletin, phpbb, ipb I have never had something like this happen. I really don't want to start a new forum from scratch in the base directory as I did a lot of manual coding to get it how I wanted. Is there anyone who has any other possible insight as to why xenforo hiccups with the css/javascript when you move to a different directory? I'm running no caching at all so I'm not sure if xenforo has some secret cache that I can manually clear on the FTP or SQL database to rebuild itself.

If this helps at all this is my current .htaccess which I don't see anything wrong with off the bat. I have tried to do both #RewriteBase and RewriteBase it doesn't seem to make a difference

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On

#If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
#line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
#of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
RewriteBase /

#This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
#RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

Edit: Decided to do a complete reinstall and build everything from the ground up. Better than keeping my community waiting I suppose.

Looking through the forums, as I am desperate for a solution. I see a long history of xenforo messing up after moving directories even after you change the information in the 'Basic Board Information'.

The only "expected" problem associated with changing the forum directory is stale server caches like APC. Sometimes those caches need to be cleared (ie restart your server) after moving the files.

Top Bottom