Fixed Problem with Image Sizing in Firefox 34

Bear in mind the release notes had quite a long list of changed templates. Do you have any outdated templates listed in your Admin CP?

I just upgraded to FF34 and I can now see the problem.

I'll have to be honest, I have no idea why Firefox has chosen to treat that CSS like that. It's a new change, and it's possibly a mistake on their part.

However, in the interim, please edit xengallery_media_view.css and remove this:
Code:
.mediaContainerCenter
{
    display: flex;
    justify-content: center;
    align-items: center;
}

This will prevent images from being centered, but it also won't affect operations such as cropping and tagging media. It's just temporary until a more permanent solution is worked out.

@Chris D

Not sure if I'm having the same problem or not. I'm also using FF34 and my gallery now looks like this:

upload_2014-12-10_13-24-1.webp

Will the fix above work for me as well?

Thanks in advance.

Just tried removing the code mentioned above from xengallery_media_view.css but doesnt appear to have worked for me:

Capture3.webp

Will I need to edit something in a style template too?

Shouldn't have to do anything else. The images should have a max width of 100% which would prevent it overflowing the rest of the page.

You simply can't have applied the workaround
correctly. It has worked for everyone else. It's also worth noting you would have to apply the fix to each style, including child styles in case they have been edited independently.

Yep, all sorted now. I was searching for xengallery_media_view.css which only returned one result. However I didnt realise that I then had to select each style using the drop down on the right (see my last image) and edit each one ... I kinda twigged as Chris replied as I wondered and realised why only one style had been fixed... doh!

Top Bottom