1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Problem with image size when uploading.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Pavle123, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Pavle123

Pavle123 Active Member

Hello,

I am having trouble with image size uploading.

I read FAQ and did not exactly understand.

Does XenForo automatically resize image size if a user uploads file larger than the default 1024kb?

Here are my settings.
    image size settings.jpg

I read in one of the topics that it is possible. Basically how can I do that?

I am using the latest version 1.4
    I have two additions : showcase and advanced noidex
    Using Mozilla Firefox latest
    Problem is being experienced by all users.

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

No in that case the image would just fail uploading if it is over 1024Kb.

If you want resizing to happen you need to set Maximum attachment image dimensions.

The images will then be resized so they are no bigger than that automatically.

3. Pavle123

Pavle123 Active Member

@Chris D by bigger you mean in terms of image dimensions or in terms of attachment file size?

I have tried to upload a 2.02 mb photo here and it uploaded. Does this mean you have set up attachment size to be lets say 3000kb or you have set image dimensions? If that is an image dimension, then could you please recommend what dimension to use Chris?

Thanks.

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you set maximum image dimensions, the images will be resized automatically so the image dimensions are below what you set as the maximum.

Our max file size here is 2MB and our max dimensions are 1280 x 1280.

Pavle123 likes this.
  5. Pavle123

Pavle123 Active Member

Thanks so much! I will configure my settings right away.