Problem upgrading to Beta 6 with an existing Beta 5 database

I'm trying to upgrade Beta 5 to Beta 6.

I made a mistake in my file upload, so deleted all of the files off of the server and uploaded a fresh, full install package of Beta 6.

Now when I go to the forums, it wants to install again and wipe the (Beta 5) database. I want it to keep the data and upgrade the database to Beta 6.

Is there a way to do this?

P.S. A WordPress-style automatic upgrade system can't come soon enough!

If you deleted all the files, then you removed the data in the data/ and internal_data/ directories. That includes avatars and attachments, so you can't get those back. But additionally, there's a file that locks the installer there. You can manually create the internal_data/install-lock.php file (browsing to the admin CP may fix it).

As Mike said, you need to create the internal_data/install-lock.php file.

Then if you edit your config.php file to add the data in you should be able to upgrade.

If you deleted all the files, then you removed the data in the data/ and internal_data/ directories. That includes avatars and attachments, so you can't get those back. But additionally, there's a file that locks the installer there. You can manually create the internal_data/install-lock.php file (browsing to the admin CP may fix it).

So I should create the install-lock.php file?

For future reference, only the /data, /internal_data, config.php and .htaccess are umique to your install, assuming you don't have any add-ons or have made any file edits.

All the files are generic as all content, templates, etc. are stored in the database.

Top Bottom