1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem BoardUrl Name

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Enguerran A, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Enguerran A

Enguerran A Well-Known Member

Hello,

I have a huge problem with the board url thing :/ Yesterday I failed this thing and deleted everything in the textbox. I was also using subdomains by Waindigo (which is a good addon =P) but I don't know if there is something related.

By the way I can't set an url in the textbox because it tells me that what I type isn't an url ...
    Here is a picture of the problem I have. Url is hidden because I want this website to be secret until the day he's finished =R

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

What are you currently typing in the textbox?

3. Enguerran A

4. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Is this the text box for your license here on XenForo?

You may want to open a support ticket if it is

cc @Ashley

5. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I thought it's changable from the XF customer area?

6. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

It is. :)

7. Enguerran A

Nah it's from the ACP, the BoardUrl option when you have to set a name for your forum and some other things.

Yesterday my whole forum was offline due to the fact that this field was blank (that's the thing I failed). For example, when I was writing that : 'mysite.com/forums/', Gchrome was opening 'forums/' which is not a valid url xD

Adam Howard likes this.
  8. Chris D

I think it must be add-on related.

There is no HTML5 validators on any options fields in the Admin CP and that screenshot very much so indicates an error thrown by one of these validators. I've tried entering all sorts of garbage in my own Admin CP and it accepts anything.

Therefore my conclusion is this validation is added by an add-on.

Adam Howard likes this.
  9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That field being blank has no bearing on whether the site will load or not.
    It is primarily used for emails.

10. Enguerran A

Well, I don't get it, I entered something in website URL and now, I don't have this error anymore ... I'll try to reinstall subdomains and see if it's releated

11. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

All you had to do is go to the destination url (where you uploaded the files), log in, and enter the info. Done.

Example: You uploaded the files to root/filenamehere.php

you enter domain.com/filenamehere.php

12. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That field does have an HTML5 validator (in 1.2.2 at least). I added it because we expect the http part and I ran into one situation where a user actually had a leading space (which was very subtle).

Chris D likes this.
  13. Chris D

I'm not quite sure how I missed the type="url" attribute :oops:

SneakyDave likes this.