1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private Messaging

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by random, Aug 8, 2010.

Do you need private messaging system for your communities?

1. Yes

2. No

1. random

random Active Member

I'd like to see private messaging implemented in the near future. Just a suggestion :)

Thank you,
  2. Tigratrus

Tigratrus Well-Known Member

There's something better: Personal Conversations. Just click on someone's name/avatar and then click the "Start Conversation" link in the popup. Much nicer than PM's. :)
  3. random

random Active Member

Yes I know but aren't these like "visitor/profile messages" public visible by other members?
  4. Tigratrus

Tigratrus Well-Known Member

Nope! It's like a private thread where only those you invite (or those they invite if you let them invite more) can see or participate in any way. Much more flexible and easier to use than PMs. Which kinda sums up the essence of XF right there ;).

You CAN leave profile messages too, but Personal Conversations are as private or public as you choose them to be.
    KURTZ likes this.
  5. random

random Active Member

Hey, that sounds pretty good! Having in account what you have said, then I see no point of private messages any more.

I'll test that feature. Sorry, I was thinking it was like "visitor messages".
  6. Spenser

Spenser Active Member

Is there a way to include some attachment function to this? I think that won't be much of a problem if attachments are possible at all...
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It has already been raised and the dev's have yet to decide whether to implement it as far as I am aware.
  8. Spenser

Spenser Active Member

My opinion might not be a show stopper, but a working attachment system - for normal threads and any kind of private messaging - is essential. Every "solution" around covering this (including in vb) is some kind of "patched" and not really genuine.
  9. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

i'm 2nd about that!