XF 2.0 Private message and/or email problem

Engraver

Problem: Member 1 private messages Member 2. Member 2 replies from his hotmail account and the forum Admin (me) gets the reply. I thought Member 2 was forwarding it to me, but he says he just hit REPLY.

Can anyone explain what's going on? Needless to say Member 2 is questioning the privacy of the forum since he didn't intend to email his response to me.

Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Presumably because that's the email address your forum emails are sent from. A good tactic is to set up a "noreply" email address and just have that sinkholed so the message is never delivered to a specific mailbox or have something set up to reject emails sent there.

Thank you again Chris. I setup the noreply and test it.

Is there a setting for not showing the contents of a PM in the email notification? That was the problem. The member read the email and hit reply instead of replying from the within the forum.

Is there a setting for not showing the contents of a PM in the email notification?
That would be just as bad as not showing the actual reply in a regular thread, thats the whole purpose of getting the email notification. If someone can't figure out that you can't reply back to the member that sent the pm or posted a reply then you can't fix stupid would be my opinion. :rolleyes:

I had exactly the same problem with members hitting reply in their email program to answer the email notification email instead of clicking the button within it to go to the conversation on the board.
Quick fix was: ACP > Set up > Options > Email Options > disable "Include full message text in conversation notification emails. "

I think with some users that you could jump out of the screen and shout at them not to reply to the email but it would make no difference :)
I sometimes wonder how some people get out of bed on a morning and manage to dress themselves

Top Bottom