Lack of interest Private Conversations - De-invite someone...

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Waddy, I think that PT is a pretty decent one. It suggests that the conversation had will be private but still similar to a thread, which I'm sure everyone can picture in their mind. So I'd go with PT personally :)

I think, personally, that each software has acronyms that are associated with it. If you run a computer forum on XenForo you'll be screwed for the PC acronym, but my forum PC will go down fine. Software-specific acronyms have never been an issue for me.

Yeah, we all needed to discuss acronyms very badly.What if someone misunderstood our acronyms and wasn't able to ask for explanation!

You don't have to ban people from private conversations, but it's useful to have an option to votekick someone. If everyone (or x percentage) agrees you can get that person out. Then again, someone might get his / her feelings hurt, and we wouldn't want that on a forum.

The alternative would be to start a new conversation. However, maybe in a group of 5, someone still likes the person you just left out in the new conversation. He might add the poor fellow to the new conversation as well, which can get rather annoying. He might even do it on purpose.

I have no idea whether this gets logged or not, but at the very least I think it would be useful to show who invited who in conversations. In that case, you know what's happening and can react appropriately.

I've had teh first use of the private conversation system today - very cool. :)

However, I noticed you can't deinvite someone, i.e. remove them from the conversation. There's a multitude of reasons why you may want to do this, but at the moment you don't appear to be able to.

Therefore, my suggestion is for the conversation starter, they can remove any of the participants, although the comments made by the participant being removed would still stay there.

Found a genuine use for this today.. ;) not cool when a user invites a bunch of other users to a conversation and an accidental invite to the wrong member. lol just glad that wasnt my oops.. We need a way to fix that i think.

Part of the problem is that the nature of the conversation can change ... at the start of the conversation you felt it was OK to allow others to invite others. However, part way through the conversation ... content could become more private .... and wish you could thin out the crowd and limit new invites.

I can see this being problematic... Obviously there are use cases like when you accidentally invite the wrong person, but ultimately it would allow a different user to delete a conversation on YOUR account.

I hate the idea of someone who I was actually having a conversation with deciding to uninvite me, and all of a sudden the entire conversation that I already had is deleted in my account.

If something like this were to happen, I'd say just being able to "undo" an invite for a 60 second window or something would be a better route.

My apologies if this has been posted before and I simply missed it or if I am posting this in the wrong place. I did attempt a search with no luck finding an answer so here goes.....

Is there a way to remove a user from a personal conversation? I see no way to do this and have the need to be able to do so. What about moving particular posts within a PC to another PC?

TYIA
:)

If a user accidentally adds another user into a private conversation, it would be nice to be able to remove that participant from the conversation (usergroup permission)

Top Bottom