XF 1.5 Prevent Tags in Certain Forums?

The Dark Wizard

Which permission is it exactly that controls this on nodes?

I've set everything I can find about tags to No and users can still use it.

A node permission being set to "No" would be overridden by a usergroup permission set to "Allow".

To allow it generally, but prevent it in specific nodes, set the node permissions to "Revoke".

A node permission being set to "No" would be overridden by a usergroup permission set to "Allow".

To allow it generally, but prevent it in specific nodes, set the node permissions to "Revoke".

Isn't that backwards? Isn't Never(which is what I mean't to say in my first post) the one that makes it so that usergroups can't overwrite it?

Revoke is when you want a usergroup to overwrite it, no?

Never overrides everything - so even if there is an explicit "Allow" somewhere it will still resolve to a deny.

Revoke will revoke the permission from a user permission or user group permission but it can be overridden by an explicit "Allow" somewhere in the node permission.

For example:

Node 1:
View Node:
Administrative: Allow

Result: Anyone in the Registered user group can't view. Anyone who is in Registered but also in Administrative can view.

Node 2:
View Node:

Result: Anyone in the Registered user group, regardless of their other user groups, cannot view. The "Never" explicitly overrides any other permission.

Never overrides everything - so even if there is an explicit "Allow" somewhere it will still resolve to a deny.

Revoke will revoke the permission from a user permission or user group permission but it can be overridden by an explicit "Allow" somewhere in the node permission.

For example:

Node 1:
View Node:

Result: Anyone in the Registered user group can't view. Anyone who is in Registered but also in Administrative can view.

Node 2:
View Node:

Result: Anyone in the Registered user group, regardless of their other user groups, cannot view. The "Never" explicitly overrides any other permission.

Thanks.

I found the problem though: Manage Tags by Anyone

Its a super moderate ability, I made a bug report for it though.

Anyway, back to the original point, if you have a node permission set to "Never" then certainly that should do the trick.

Yup!

Thats what I was originally doing, but when I saw it did not work, its when I made this thread.

I noticed that the super moderator ability was messing with it. I made a bug report for it :).

Top Bottom