1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Prevent Tags in Certain Forums?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by The Dark Wizard, Aug 18, 2015.

1. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

Which permission is it exactly that controls this on nodes?

I've set everything I can find about tags to No and users can still use it.

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

A node permission being set to "No" would be overridden by a usergroup permission set to "Allow".

To allow it generally, but prevent it in specific nodes, set the node permissions to "Revoke".

3. The Dark Wizard

Isn't that backwards? Isn't Never(which is what I mean't to say in my first post) the one that makes it so that usergroups can't overwrite it?

Revoke is when you want a usergroup to overwrite it, no?

4. Chris D

Never overrides everything - so even if there is an explicit "Allow" somewhere it will still resolve to a deny.

Revoke will revoke the permission from a user permission or user group permission but it can be overridden by an explicit "Allow" somewhere in the node permission.

For example:

Node 1:
    View Node:
    Administrative: Allow

Result: Anyone in the Registered user group can't view. Anyone who is in Registered but also in Administrative can view.

Node 2:
    View Node:
    Administrative: Allow

Result: Anyone in the Registered user group, regardless of their other user groups, cannot view. The "Never" explicitly overrides any other permission.

5. Chris D

Anyway, back to the original point, if you have a node permission set to "Never" then certainly that should do the trick.

6. The Dark Wizard

Thanks.

I found the problem though: Manage Tags by Anyone

Its a super moderate ability, I made a bug report for it though.

7. The Dark Wizard

Yup!

Thats what I was originally doing, but when I saw it did not work, its when I made this thread.

I noticed that the super moderator ability was messing with it. I made a bug report for it :).