Premature end of script headers: index.php

beabillionaire

I am currently getting someone to install but they are getting a 500 internal server error during installation during step 2b, and the error logs just say this (Premature end of script headers: index.php)

I havent heard back from him since like 1:30 (it is now 4:30) I'd like to get this set up today. I searched and searched and don't see any solutions here. I am not tech/code savvy. If an admin wants access to my server I will give it. I have a VPS.

Good to Note that I had my host update my PHP it is now PHP 5.3.18, i read that XF may not be so friendly with it. Any help would be great!

5.3 would be perfect for XF. Probably the most widely used.

However, premature end of script headers could indicate a problem with PHP.

It could also indicate a problem with the XF files so it would be worth downloading the files again and re-uploading.

Yeah probably a PHP problem.

Are you running suhosin, eAccelerator, or zend optimizer? For the purpose of troubleshooting I suggest temporarily disabling any "excess" extensions like caches, accelerators, optimizers, hardeners, etc.

If they just reinstall PHP with the same settings wont I get the same errors. I already contacted host they keep insisting it is the software.
sometimes the files gets corrupt while rebuilding Apache so re-rebuilding will fix the issue ;)

And there's a pretty low chance that this is XenForo's fault as it's working fine on everyone else's servers ;) you can be sure by re-downloading the package from XenForo's customers' area and reuploading :)

5.3 would be perfect for XF. Probably the most widely used.

However, premature end of script headers could indicate a problem with PHP.

It could also indicate a problem with the XF files so it would be worth downloading the files again and re-uploading.
Will doing this affect any add ons, custom templates or styles?

Top Bottom