1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premature end of script headers: index.php

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by beabillionaire, Nov 4, 2012.

1. beabillionaire

beabillionaire New Member

I am currently getting someone to install but they are getting a 500 internal server error during installation during step 2b, and the error logs just say this (Premature end of script headers: index.php)

I havent heard back from him since like 1:30 (it is now 4:30) I'd like to get this set up today. I searched and searched and don't see any solutions here. I am not tech/code savvy. If an admin wants access to my server I will give it. I have a VPS.

Good to Note that I had my host update my PHP it is now PHP 5.3.18, i read that XF may not be so friendly with it. Any help would be great!

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

5.3 would be perfect for XF. Probably the most widely used.

However, premature end of script headers could indicate a problem with PHP.

It could also indicate a problem with the XF files so it would be worth downloading the files again and re-uploading.

Jake Bunce likes this.
  3. beabillionaire

I paid for the install, so they put the files on the server. DOnt think they messed it up, i could retry and install the files, but wouldnt I lose out on the $50 install fee?

4. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yeah probably a PHP problem.

Are you running suhosin, eAccelerator, or zend optimizer? For the purpose of troubleshooting I suggest temporarily disabling any "excess" extensions like caches, accelerators, optimizers, hardeners, etc.

6. beabillionaire

I mentioned I am not tech savvy, I have no idea what any of that means

7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

In short, this is likely a problem with your server configuration. Contact your host or try reinstalling PHP.

8. beabillionaire

If they just reinstall PHP with the same settings wont I get the same errors. I already contacted host they keep insisting it is the software.

9. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

sometimes the files gets corrupt while rebuilding Apache so re-rebuilding will fix the issue ;)

And there's a pretty low chance that this is XenForo's fault as it's working fine on everyone else's servers ;) you can be sure by re-downloading the package from XenForo's customers' area and reuploading :)

10. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Do you have mod_security on ?

11. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

I think I am having this same issue. mod_security is off and suPHP is disabled now...

12. Rho Delta

Will doing this affect any add ons, custom templates or styles?

13. Chris D

Updating PHP?

No, it shouldn't affect anything.

Jake Bunce likes this.
  14. Rho Delta

I meant reuploading the files to XF

15. Chris D

No, it shouldn't affect anything.

Jake Bunce likes this.