XF 2.2 Prefix phrase text not updating

EchoRomeo

I previously updated the "prefix" phrase from "Prefix" to new custom text. I since tried to change the custom text to something else but for some reason it's not changing. The default text in the prefix box remains as the original custom text, not the new text I entered for the phrase. Does anyone know what's going on?? Thanks!

Specifically, here's the setting for my prefix phrase (set back to the original "Prefix" text):
1688148789763.png

But despite this, I still see "permitting office" (the previously used prefix phrase) on the forum view page (see below).

1688148838838.png

(page URL is https://www.permittingtalk.com/forums/building-permits.1124/)

Why isn't the prefix phrase text updating? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Not sure if that could be messing with the phrases.
I believe the phrases are consistent no matter which style you use, unless you edit the templates for that style and call a different phrase (self created).
Have you tried doing a phrase search on permitting office to see if it is still present in the phrases?

Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 5.21.22 PM.webp
Didn't you edit the template to conditionally change that for a specific forum.

No, I messed around with the template a bit but ultimately reverted it back to how it was before. Besides, the replacement prefix text I was trying to use the conditional statement on was different text. I have no idea why updating the prefix phrase doesn't update the prefix prompt text at this point.

I should mention I'm using a custom style (Bolt by PixelExit). Not sure if that could be messing with the phrases. I'm also on XenForo Cloud, if that has anything to do with it? Maybe just needs to update overnight?

Not sure if that could be messing with the phrases.
I believe the phrases are consistent no matter which style you use, unless you edit the templates for that style and call a different phrase (self created).
Have you tried doing a phrase search on permitting office to see if it is still present in the phrases?

Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 5.21.22 PM.webp

Solution
Thanks! That helped me find it. To change the prefix prompt text you actually need to change the "no_prefix" phrase, not the "prefix" phrase as I had been trying to do. I guess I must have edited the correct phrase (no_prefix) originally but forgot when going back to update it. Appreciate the help!

Top Bottom