1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre Sales Question

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by PikkonMG, Dec 30, 2015.

1. PikkonMG

PikkonMG New Member

I know their is a converter for vBulletin 3.6 | vBulletin 3.7/3.8 | vBulletin 4.x

Is there a migration tool for VB5 in the works? I recently took over a community that is running VB5 and I can't stand it. It's most broken forum suite I have ever laid eye's on.

I know IPB has a migration tools but i'd prefer to go with xenForo over IPB.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately we don't currently have a VB5 importer, nor any immediate plans to create one.
  3. andybond

andybond Active Member

You can "double hop" migrate.

4. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

Sometimes pay for a third party service to convert from vb5 to xf will be cheaper than buy an IPB licence
  5. Jim Kingsnorth

Jim Kingsnorth Active Member

I don't think there are that many people stupid enough to use vB5. WORST forum software ever!
  6. Jim Kingsnorth

IPS only has a working converter for 3.4. One of the main reasons I am now on Xenforo.
  7. PikkonMG

PikkonMG New Member

From IPB's site.

vBulletin 5
    We CAN convert

vBulletin to IP.Board

Custom BBCode
    Custom Profile Fields
    Forum Moderators
    Ignored Users
    Member Passwords
    Personal Messages
    Post Attachments
    Post Reputation
    Profile Photos (Avatars)
    Warning Logs

We CANNOT convert

vBulletin to IP.Board

Profile Comments
    Topic Ratings
    Topic/Forum Subscriptions
  8. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Notice he said "working".. I believe there has been some issues with the vBulletin converters - especially for converting to the 4.x line.
  9. Jim Kingsnorth

Correct, the only converter that works is the converter for the 3.4 line. The 4.1 converter is non-functioning. My site was 4.1. There is no working converter to import anything into 4.1. And Yet, Xenforo has a converter to import a 4.1 IPS forum into XF.