Add-on pre-formatted threads.

Blakefire

I was wondering if someone can make a add-on where I, as the admin, can log into the ACP and I can make it so let's say my Support forum would have pre-formatted threads. What this means is when a user creates a thread in this section there will already be text in the posting area.

The text in the thread area would be pre-defined by the admin via the ACP.

You mean something like this:
foobar45.webp

And if somebody wants to create a new thread in this forum, it will have
Code:
dasda:

fopbar
inside the editor?

Would be cool if somebody could test this version... (it's just a quick automatic created addon, missing phrases and templates... i just want to test if it's working before i finish the templates and phrases...)

Attachments

I installed it , but I don't see the predefine thingy. Also if possible make it based on forums , need it on only one section/forum/node ( however you call that )

The tab is visible in your ACP when editing/creating a new forum

I installed it , but I don't see the predefine thingy. Also if possible make it based on forums , need it on only one section/forum/node ( however you call that )
the text is already forum/node based...

Tested a little bit and for me it's ok.
Including the advanced editor, templates and phrases and will be ready for 1.0 version.

How about a secondary option to make it the "default text" a "warning/help text"?
If activated with a checkbox in the ACP. The "predefined text" will be a "warning/help text" and it will disappear when the textarea is clicked.

How about a secondary option to make it the "default text" a "warning/help text"?
If activated with a checkbox in the ACP. The "predefined text" will be a "warning/help text" and it will disappear when the textarea is clicked.
Hm? Sorry, don't understand what you mean:(

On the side note , could you make a Perm text and a regular text?
Like , I need something like this.

This text is perm, this is changeable.

Something like a predefined notice in the textarea that disappear when you click it.
Admin can choose if the message will be a predefined text or a "ghost notice" in the ACP clicking a checkbox.

No problem, at this state I will format the text from the advanced editor in a public forum, then disable the advanced editor to visualize the text with format tags and than copy and past in the ACP :D

My "ghost notice" didn't to got much success! ;)

I think he means something like this:
Regular text: ghost text And as soon as you click or hover on it it disappears and becomes:
Regular text: no text here

Arghh! My bad!

Think about a preformatted thread's textarea that when you click on it to edit will clear up, letting your write the post from scratch (plus: or with a different preformatted text).

WHY?
It can be usefull to remember to users some rules of a specific nodes right before they open a new thread for example. A different "ghost notice" for the same node, but in the reply textarea, can be usefull in reply too.

Better? ;-)

Nothing for die for! Only a suggestion.

I think he means something like this:
Regular text: ghost text And as soon as you click or hover on it it disappears and becomes:
Regular text: no text here
Yes it can become "no text" or "some text here".

Top Bottom