1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on pre-formatted threads.

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Blakefire, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Blakefire

Blakefire Active Member

I was wondering if someone can make a add-on where I, as the admin, can log into the ACP and I can make it so let's say my Support forum would have pre-formatted threads. What this means is when a user creates a thread in this section there will already be text in the posting area.

The text in the thread area would be pre-defined by the admin via the ACP.

2. arcaneex

arcaneex Active Member

Looking for the same thing.

3. ragtek

ragtek Guest

You mean something like this:
    foobar45.png

And if somebody wants to create a new thread in this forum, it will have
    Code:
    dasda:

fopbar
    inside the editor?

Sylar and Kintaro like this.
  4. arcaneex

arcaneex Active Member

That is what I want but possibly if you could , perm. Means you can't delete the content.

5. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Would be cool if somebody could test this version... (it's just a quick automatic created addon, missing phrases and templates... i just want to test if it's working before i finish the templates and phrases...)

Attached Files:

6. arcaneex

arcaneex Active Member

I installed it , but I don't see the predefine thingy. Also if possible make it based on forums , need it on only one section/forum/node ( however you call that )

7. ragtek

ragtek Guest

The tab is visible in your ACP when editing/creating a new forum

8. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

I will!

ragtek likes this.
  9. ragtek

ragtek Guest

the text is already forum/node based...

10. Kintaro

Tested a little bit and for me it's ok.
    Including the advanced editor, templates and phrases and will be ready for 1.0 version.

How about a secondary option to make it the "default text" a "warning/help text"?
    If activated with a checkbox in the ACP. The "predefined text" will be a "warning/help text" and it will disappear when the textarea is clicked.

11. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Hm? Sorry, don't understand what you mean:(

12. arcaneex

arcaneex Active Member

It works , just perfect! Thanks!

13. arcaneex

arcaneex Active Member

On the side note , could you make a Perm text and a regular text?
    Like , I need something like this.

This text is perm, this is changeable.

14. Kintaro

Something like a predefined notice in the textarea that disappear when you click it.
    Admin can choose if the message will be a predefined text or a "ghost notice" in the ACP clicking a checkbox.

15. ragtek

ragtek Guest

16. Kintaro

No problem, at this state I will format the text from the advanced editor in a public forum, then disable the advanced editor to visualize the text with format tags and than copy and past in the ACP :D

My "ghost notice" didn't to got much success! ;)

17. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Because i still didn't understand it^^

18. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Simple forms
    might help for this type of need as well.

19. arcaneex

arcaneex Active Member

I think he means something like this:
    Regular text: ghost text And as soon as you click or hover on it it disappears and becomes:
    Regular text: no text here

20. Kintaro

Arghh! My bad!

Think about a preformatted thread's textarea that when you click on it to edit will clear up, letting your write the post from scratch (plus: or with a different preformatted text).

WHY?
    It can be usefull to remember to users some rules of a specific nodes right before they open a new thread for example. A different "ghost notice" for the same node, but in the reply textarea, can be usefull in reply too.

Better? ;-)

Nothing for die for! Only a suggestion.

Yes it can become "no text" or "some text here".