XF 1.2 Post Time Stamps

LuvMeSumZen

Currently the time stamps, edit/delete/IP/report/ are at the bottom of everyone's post. I would like them to the top the top, and move the reply/like links over to where the edit/delete/IP/report/ currently are.

Is this . . . . involved?

fields.webp

In the template thread_view find:
HTML:
        <xen:foreach loop="$posts" value="$post">

After that, you can place any HTML you want, want to get the post date, use the following:
HTML:
                    <a href="{xen:link threads/post-permalink, $thread, 'post={$post}'}" title="{xen:phrase permalink}" class="datePermalink"><xen:datetime time="$post.post_date" /></a>

Would that be the actual code I would need in order to place it at the top? Looking at the code I cannot see anything that places it anywhere in particular.

I cannot see any instructions per se except you telling the OP how to get the post date. I already have that, I just want to move it from the bottom to the top. And then I want to move the post#/Like/Reply links to the bottom left where the time stamp etc. is now.

I can read Mr. Howard. He was talking about the "current time" being displayed at the bottom of every page, to which Jeremy replied a resounding "No".

The image you showed, is the answer to the OP's original question, which again, was answered with "template edit". Nothing about needing an add-on.

Why do you need the time displayed at the bottom of each page by default?

Who said anything about a need? "Wants" are okay too aren't they? It's what drove XF into existence. No one *needs* Xenforo, but many of us want it. The same with current time. Many of my members have requested it but even if they hadn't, I want it.

I will try Jeremy's edit in various templates and see if that's all the info I need to implement it.

Top Bottom