XF 1.2 Post Time Stamps

LuvMeSumZen

Currently the time stamps, edit/delete/IP/report/ are at the bottom of everyone's post. I would like them to the top the top, and move the reply/like links over to where the edit/delete/IP/report/ currently are.

Is this . . . . involved?

fields.webp

My post wasn't aimed at you.

I'm not seeing how it could have been aimed at anyone else. I don't see anyone else asking the 3 questions I have asked in the thread thus far. But I don't have a problem with what you said whether aimed at me or not. The only thing more dense than my neanderthal brain is the thickness of my skin. You've been nothing but accommodating and helpful to me without exception. I never take anything you say in a bad light unless you prove other wise, and I would be surprised if that ever happened.

@LuvMeSumZen

I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to accomplish this. I'm curious now since I thought you would have had found a resolve or someone would have offered a working solution and I would have assumed this would have been easy.

Of course if anyone else offers a solution.....

That is the person I was responding to.

I dunno, I just personally find it useful.

Like if I want to know how long it's been since I refreshed the page or I've gone to another page, I can just scroll to the bottom on vBulletin sites. I'm pretty I'm not the only person who thinks this way.

I dunno, I just personally find it useful.

Like if I want to know how long it's been since I refreshed the page or I've gone to another page, I can just scroll to the bottom on vBulletin sites. I'm pretty I'm not the only person who thinks this way.
It was in relation to your response that it needs an addon. It doesnt. Not everything needs an addon. It can be done via template edits. An addon is basically a collection of template edits. If you dont know the answer, its best to say nothing.

Edit the messagePublicControls style property, switch the float to left.

Find the following in the post template:
Code:
                        <div class="privateControls">
                <xen:if is="{$post.canInlineMod}"><input type="checkbox" name="posts[]" value="{$post.post_id}" class="InlineModCheck item" data-target="#post-{$post.post_id}" title="{xen:phrase select_this_post_by_x, 'name={$post.username}'}" /></xen:if>
                <span class="item muted">
                    <span class="authorEnd"><xen:username user="$post" class="author" />,</span>
                    <a href="{xen:link threads/post-permalink, $thread, 'post={$post}'}" title="{xen:phrase permalink}" class="datePermalink"><xen:datetime time="$post.post_date" /></a>
                </span>
                <xen:hook name="post_private_controls" params="{xen:array 'post={$post}'}">
                <xen:if is="{$post.canEdit}">
                    <a href="{xen:link posts/edit, $post}" class="item control edit {xen:if $xenOptions.messageInlineEdit, OverlayTrigger}"
                        data-href="{xen:link posts/edit-inline, $post}" data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}"
                        data-messageSelector="#post-{$post.post_id}"><span></span>{xen:phrase edit}</a>
                    <xen:require js="js/xenforo/discussion.js" />
                </xen:if>
                <xen:if is="{$post.edit_count} && {$post.canViewHistory}"><a href="{xen:link posts/history, $post}" class="item control history ToggleTrigger"><span></span>{xen:phrase history}</a></xen:if>
                <xen:if is="{$post.canDelete}"><a href="{xen:link posts/delete, $post}" class="item control delete OverlayTrigger"><span></span>{xen:phrase delete}</a></xen:if>
                <xen:if is="{$post.canCleanSpam}"><a href="{xen:link spam-cleaner, $post}" class="item control deleteSpam OverlayTrigger"><span></span>{xen:phrase spam}</a></xen:if>
                <xen:if is="{$canViewIps} AND {$post.ip_id}"><a href="{xen:link posts/ip, $post}" class="item control ip OverlayTrigger"><span></span>{xen:phrase ip}</a></xen:if>

<xen:if is="{$post.canWarn}">
                    <a href="{xen:link members/warn, $post, 'content_type=post', 'content_id={$post.post_id}'}" class="item control warn"><span></span>{xen:phrase warn}</a>
                <xen:elseif is="{$post.warning_id} && {$canViewWarnings}" />
                    <a href="{xen:link warnings, $post}" class="OverlayTrigger item control viewWarning"><span></span>{xen:phrase view_warning}</a>
                <xen:if is="{$post.canReport}">
                    <a href="{xen:link posts/report, $post}" class="OverlayTrigger item control report" data-cacheOverlay="false"><span></span>{xen:phrase report}</a>

</xen:hook>
            </div>

Move it to the top.

Add the following to EXTRA.css and it should be styled correctly:
Code:
			.messageList .privateControls .item
			{
				margin-right: 10px;
				float: left;
			}

.messageList .privateControls .item:last-child
				{
					margin-right: 0;
				}

I tried this today, the result was the the avatar and banners were placed to the right of the post time block. I reverted the EXTRA.css template and now it is above the avatar. What was the EXTRA.css change supposed to do?

I wonder if I may expand upon the OP's request, which appears to have been resolved by moving the code in the post template (at least, for me).

The time stamp still shows "Monday at 3:32pm" etc for a week after the post. After that, it truncates the stamp to "Dec 9, 2013" format.

I wish to retain the entire information so it reads "Monday Dec 9, 2013 at 3:32pm" for the week after the post, then the "day" would drop off but the hr:min stamp would remain. How would I go about this?

Top Bottom