XF 1.2 Post Time Stamps

LuvMeSumZen

Currently the time stamps, edit/delete/IP/report/ are at the bottom of everyone's post. I would like them to the top the top, and move the reply/like links over to where the edit/delete/IP/report/ currently are.

Is this . . . . involved?

fields.webp

I wonder if I may expand upon the OP's request, which appears to have been resolved by moving the code in the post template (at least, for me).

The time stamp still shows "Monday at 3:32pm" etc for a week after the post. After that, it truncates the stamp to "Dec 9, 2013" format.

I wish to retain the entire information so it reads "Monday Dec 9, 2013 at 3:32pm" for the week after the post, then the "day" would drop off but the hr:min stamp would remain. How would I go about this?

Thanks for the bump, I'm still waiting on someone to give me a pointer for doing ^^

Thanks for any help

I'm seeing an odd behavior with this template mod, initially I thought it was a bug but it's not, it's related to the mod somehow, I was hoping someone could tell me if something can be done to change it.

Here it what I did, per this thread

Moves the username, timestamp, and mod links to top of post. Modify post template from default by moving this section to the top:

PHP:
<div class="privateControls">
  <xen:if is="{$post.canInlineMod}"><input type="checkbox" name="posts[]" value="{$post.post_id}" class="InlineModCheck item" data-target="#post-{$post.post_id}" title="{xen:phrase select_this_post_by_x, 'name={$post.username}'}" /></xen:if>
  <span class="item muted">
  <span class="authorEnd"><xen:username user="$post" class="author" />,</span>
  <a href="{xen:link threads/post-permalink, $thread, 'post={$post}'}" title="{xen:phrase permalink}" class="datePermalink"><xen:datetime time="$post.post_date" /></a>
  </span>
  <xen:hook name="post_private_controls" params="{xen:array 'post={$post}'}">
  <xen:if is="{$post.canEdit}">
  <a href="{xen:link posts/edit, $post}" class="item control edit {xen:if $xenOptions.messageInlineEdit, OverlayTrigger}"
  data-href="{xen:link posts/edit-inline, $post}" data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}"
  data-messageSelector="#post-{$post.post_id}"><span></span>{xen:phrase edit}</a>
  <xen:require js="js/xenforo/discussion.js" />
  </xen:if>
  <xen:if is="{$post.edit_count} && {$post.canViewHistory}"><a href="{xen:link posts/history, $post}" class="item control history ToggleTrigger"><span></span>{xen:phrase history}</a></xen:if>
  <xen:if is="{$post.canDelete}"><a href="{xen:link posts/delete, $post}" class="item control delete OverlayTrigger"><span></span>{xen:phrase delete}</a></xen:if>
  <xen:if is="{$post.canCleanSpam}"><a href="{xen:link spam-cleaner, $post}" class="item control deleteSpam OverlayTrigger"><span></span>{xen:phrase spam}</a></xen:if>
  <xen:if is="{$canViewIps} AND {$post.ip_id}"><a href="{xen:link posts/ip, $post}" class="item control ip OverlayTrigger"><span></span>{xen:phrase ip}</a></xen:if>

<xen:if is="{$post.canWarn}">
  <a href="{xen:link members/warn, $post, 'content_type=post', 'content_id={$post.post_id}'}" class="item control warn"><span></span>{xen:phrase warn}</a>
  <xen:elseif is="{$post.warning_id} && {$canViewWarnings}" />
  <a href="{xen:link warnings, $post}" class="OverlayTrigger item control viewWarning"><span></span>{xen:phrase view_warning}</a>
  <xen:if is="{$post.canReport}">
  <a href="{xen:link posts/report, $post}" class="OverlayTrigger item control report" data-cacheOverlay="false"><span></span>{xen:phrase report}</a>

</xen:hook>
  </div>

Final template:

PHP:
<div class="privateControls">
  <xen:if is="{$post.canInlineMod}"><input type="checkbox" name="posts[]" value="{$post.post_id}" class="InlineModCheck item" data-target="#post-{$post.post_id}" title="{xen:phrase select_this_post_by_x, 'name={$post.username}'}" /></xen:if>
  <span class="item muted">
  <span class="authorEnd"><xen:username user="$post" class="author" />,</span>
  <a href="{xen:link threads/post-permalink, $thread, 'post={$post}'}" title="{xen:phrase permalink}" class="datePermalink"><xen:datetime time="$post.post_date" /></a>
  </span>
  <xen:hook name="post_private_controls" params="{xen:array 'post={$post}'}">
  <xen:if is="{$post.canEdit}">
  <a href="{xen:link posts/edit, $post}" class="item control edit {xen:if $xenOptions.messageInlineEdit, OverlayTrigger}"
  data-href="{xen:link posts/edit-inline, $post}" data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}"
  data-messageSelector="#post-{$post.post_id}"><span></span>{xen:phrase edit}</a>
  <xen:require js="js/xenforo/discussion.js" />
  <xen:if is="{$post.edit_count} && {$post.canViewHistory}"><a href="{xen:link posts/history, $post}" class="item control history ToggleTrigger"><span></span>{xen:phrase history}</a></xen:if>
  <xen:if is="{$post.canDelete}"><a href="{xen:link posts/delete, $post}" class="item control delete OverlayTrigger"><span></span>{xen:phrase delete}</a></xen:if>
  <xen:if is="{$post.canCleanSpam}"><a href="{xen:link spam-cleaner, $post}" class="item control deleteSpam OverlayTrigger"><span></span>{xen:phrase spam}</a></xen:if>
  <xen:if is="{$canViewIps} AND {$post.ip_id}"><a href="{xen:link posts/ip, $post}" class="item control ip OverlayTrigger"><span></span>{xen:phrase ip}</a></xen:if>

<xen:if is="{$post.canWarn}">
  <a href="{xen:link members/warn, $post, 'content_type=post', 'content_id={$post.post_id}'}" class="item control warn"><span></span>{xen:phrase warn}</a>
  <xen:elseif is="{$post.warning_id} && {$canViewWarnings}" />
  <a href="{xen:link warnings, $post}" class="OverlayTrigger item control viewWarning"><span></span>{xen:phrase view_warning}</a>
  <xen:if is="{$post.canReport}">
  <a href="{xen:link posts/report, $post}" class="OverlayTrigger item control report" data-cacheOverlay="false"><span></span>{xen:phrase report}</a>

</div>

<xen:include template="message">

<xen:map from="$post" to="$message" />

<xen:set var="$messageId">post-{$post.post_id}</xen:set>

<xen:set var="$likesUrl">{xen:link posts/likes, $post}</xen:set>

<xen:set var="$messageContentAfterTemplate"><xen:if is="{$post.attachments}"><xen:include template="attached_files" /></xen:if></xen:set>

<xen:set var="$messageAfterTemplate">

<div class="messageMeta ToggleTriggerAnchor">

<div class="publicControls">
  <a href="{xen:link threads/post-permalink, $thread, 'post={$post}'}" title="{xen:phrase permalink}" class="item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger" data-href="{xen:link posts/permalink, $post}">#{xen:calc '{$post.position} + 1'}</a>
  <xen:hook name="post_public_controls" params="{xen:array 'post={$post}'}">
  <xen:if is="{$post.canLike}">
  <a href="{xen:link posts/like, $post}" class="LikeLink item control {xen:if $post.like_date, unlike, like}" data-container="#likes-post-{$post.post_id}"><span></span><span class="LikeLabel">{xen:if $post.like_date, {xen:phrase unlike}, {xen:phrase like}}</span></a>
  <xen:if is="{$canReply}">
  <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.multiQuote}"><a href="{xen:link threads/reply, $thread, 'quote={$post.post_id}'}"
  data-messageid="{$post.post_id}"
  class="MultiQuoteControl JsOnly item control"
  title="{xen:phrase toggle_multi_quote_tooltip}"><span></span><span class="symbol">{xen:phrase multiquote_add}</span></a></xen:if>
  <a href="{xen:link threads/reply, $thread, 'quote={$post.post_id}'}"
  data-postUrl="{xen:link posts/quote, $post}"
  data-tip="#MQ-{$post.post_id}"
  class="ReplyQuote item control reply"
  title="{xen:phrase reply_quoting_this_message}"><span></span>{xen:phrase reply}</a>
  </div>
  </div>
  </xen:set>

</xen:include>

The result is that when I edit a post and save it, the private controls section gets repeated above the post. You can edit multiple times, and each time you save, the private controls section is repeated. If you refresh the browser, it goes away.

Maybe I took @Jeremy too literally when he said to move that section to the top of the template?

Top Bottom