Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Just bought this add on and am excited to get it installed and operating on our forum! One quick question before I start (and apologies if this has already been asked):

Can you convert the "like"s that exist into a "Like" rating in post rating? I ask only because we have a ton of likes, and we use it as part of our Trophy points. Or is there some other strategy you advise when switching over to ratings?

i have a white page when installing and have this server error:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_Post::getPagedPostsPR() - library/Dark/PostRating/Deferred/PostCache.php:18
Generated By: Darx, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(56) "h***/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["redirect"] => string(46) "h***/admin.php?add-ons/"
["execute"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}

I have 2048 Mb memory located only for php scripts
I did added that code to the config.php for disable all addons
I did deactivate also all the addons at the acp.

Even uninstalling to try again wont work.

Last edited:
Is there any chance for some rate limit options? Having a few issues where users are spamming each other for ratings.

Just bought this add on and am excited to get it installed and operating on our forum! One quick question before I start (and apologies if this has already been asked):

Can you convert the "like"s that exist into a "Like" rating in post rating? I ask only because we have a ton of likes, and we use it as part of our Trophy points. Or is there some other strategy you advise when switching over to ratings?

The rating you designate as the 'like rating' will both display and produce XF likes internally. No conversion is needed - the integration is realtime

i have a white page when installing and have this server error:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_Post::getPagedPostsPR() - library/Dark/PostRating/Deferred/PostCache.php:18
Generated By: Darx, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(56) "h***/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["redirect"] => string(46) "h***/admin.php?add-ons/"
["execute"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}

I have 2048 Mb memory located only for php scripts
I did added that code to the config.php for disable all addons
I did deactivate also all the addons at the acp.

Even uninstalling to try again wont work.

This error indicates the PHP files have not been uploaded correctly

To verify this, line 6 of library/Dark/PostRating/Model/Post.php should contain:

Code:
  public function getPagedPostsPR($page, $perPage, array $fetchOptions = array())

If it does contain this, then the issue is probably aggressive opcode caching (restart apache or php-fpm).

Note that the install will also fail with this error if you have Post Ratings disabled at the time of installation/upgrade, or if you have the config.php tweak to disable listeners set to 1.

Thanks working now.
The fault i did make before was the config.php tweak that i always made when installing xf mods...

Fresh install of xenforo. Added bbcode media pack.
Now this mod fails with the same line 18 error as above.

I have the 6 in the php as discussed.

What do I do now to get this installed. Crashes everytime. Thank you.

I also cannot install. I am getting:
Code:
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_Post::getPagedPostsPR() in /home/mysite/public_html/library/Dark/PostRating/Deferred/PostCache.php on line 18

Also after uninstalling none of my old likes are showing up, how do I fix this?

Last edited:
I also cannot install. I am getting:
Code:
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_Post::getPagedPostsPR() in /home/mysite/public_html/library/Dark/PostRating/Deferred/PostCache.php on line 18

Also after uninstalling none of my old likes are showing up, how do I fix this?

That definitely shouldn't happen, can you PM me admin CP and FTP details to take a look?

Fresh install of xenforo. Added bbcode media pack.
Now this mod fails with the same line 18 error as above.

I have the 6 in the php as discussed.

What do I do now to get this installed. Crashes everytime. Thank you.

Try reuploading the PHP files and make sure your config.php does not contain the disableListeners setting

If that doesn't help, can you PM me admin CP and FTP details?

Pretty sure you got a bug in the software. Looking back the last 3 pages everyone else is have the same problem as me. In the middle of the install each time it basically crashes, even on the uninstall. At first I thought it had something to do with my server but I contacted them and explained the errors I was getting and they said everything was fine on their end. When I get to work today I'll PM you my info.

Is there any way to remove the "Undo Rating" function? Especially for specific users? There doesn't seem to be a specific permissions option for it.

Sometimes we have an issue where a member will get pissed off at someone and go and undo all the positive ratings they've given them.

I've been getting alerts a little later than usual when I have this mod activated. For example, if two users like a post, those two individual alerts would take about 5 minutes or so before they show up as an alert. Before it was usually instant.

That definitely shouldn't happen, can you PM me admin CP and FTP details to take a look?

Try reuploading the PHP files and make sure your config.php does not contain the disableListeners setting

If that doesn't help, can you PM me admin CP and FTP details?

To update, your program works and I apologize for causing you concern.
I was uploading via hotspot. I reuploaded via wifi and things worked. So maybe a bad connection?

I have enable guest permissions for "post ratings" so that guests can like posts.
The ratings don't seem to show up. Are there other dependent permissions I should look into to make guests able to rate posts?

Is there any way to remove the "Undo Rating" function? Especially for specific users? There doesn't seem to be a specific permissions option for it.

Sometimes we have an issue where a member will get pissed off at someone and go and undo all the positive ratings they've given them.

There's no 'proper' way of doing this, but if you remove or comment out this line of template dark_postrating_input, it should stop all but the most determined users:

Code:
    <li><a href="{xen:link posts/rate, $post, 'rating=del','_xfToken={$visitor.csrf_token_page}'}">{xen:phrase dark_undo_rating}</a></li>

I have enable guest permissions for "post ratings" so that guests can like posts.
The ratings don't seem to show up. Are there other dependent permissions I should look into to make guests able to rate posts?

Unfortunately guest ratings are not supported, as there is no way to differentiate one guest from another and post ratings is designed around one rating per user per post

I've been getting alerts a little later than usual when I have this mod activated. For example, if two users like a post, those two individual alerts would take about 5 minutes or so before they show up as an alert. Before it was usually instant.

Is it possible you are mistaking a delay for the unread alert limit option?

If you want the alerts to function identically to XF like alerts, enable the option 'Allow multiple unread rating alerts for post'

Getting the following ...

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded - library/Dark/PostRating/EventListener.php:0
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 04:13
Stack Trace
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(65) "https://netrider.net.au/threads/spare-time-what-do-you-do.208274/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/threads/spare-time-what-do-you-do_208274/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

How can I diagnose the issue?

Top Bottom