Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Getting the following ...

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded - library/Dark/PostRating/EventListener.php:0
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 04:13
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(65) "https://netrider.net.au/threads/spare-time-what-do-you-do.208274/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/threads/spare-time-what-do-you-do_208274/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

How can I diagnose the issue?

Is it a persistent issue or did it only occur within a period of high load? Without a line number it's impossible to diagnose much further, and it's entirely possible the issue lies outside post ratings

Hey,

i've a question about this:

I would like to count all the likes that the users have done till today to the likes counter, but from now on the likes (status update likes) shouldn't be counted. Would this be possible?

My idea was the following. Install the AddOn and do a rebuild of the likes counter. After that i set "likes rating" to disabled but without rebuilding the counter. Can you tell me if that will work?

Maybe @Luke Foreman can answer this? ;)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Bought and installed and working nicely :)
But I'd like it to take up slightly less screen real-estate.
I can change it in the browser development tools from this
Screengrab-JR572.webp
to this
Screengrab-JR573.webp
so I've changed just the padding and margin-top in my browser and I'd like to applly these changes to the style.
Problem being, I can't see where to set this in the template? (I can fudge my way through simple edits, but easily get out of my depth...)
I tried in Edit Template: dark_postrating.css but I don't see the corresponding entries to change.
Am I looking in the wrong place?
thanks,
James :)

I haven't received the latest update on my email?

I have a question if I may, is there a way to make post rating clickable in members profile?

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

i've a question about this:

I would like to count all the likes that the users have done till today to the likes counter, but from now on the likes (status update likes) shouldn't be counted. Would this be possible?

My idea was the following. Install the AddOn and do a rebuild of the likes counter. After that i set "likes rating" to disabled but without rebuilding the counter. Can you tell me if that will work?

Maybe @Luke Foreman can answer this? ;)

Thanks in advance

It might be possible but I don't want to recommend anything until I'm certain of what you want:

- Do you want users to still be able to like non-post content types such as profile posts? (I gather you don't want them counted, but do you want the actual button to be available?)
- Do you mind if non-post likes from the past are not included in the positive rating total? (This makes things complicated/impossible if so)

Bought and installed and working nicely :)
But I'd like it to take up slightly less screen real-estate.
I can change it in the browser development tools from this
View attachment 101635
to this
View attachment 101636
so I've changed just the padding and margin-top in my browser and I'd like to applly these changes to the style.
Problem being, I can't see where to set this in the template? (I can fudge my way through simple edits, but easily get out of my depth...)
I tried in Edit Template: dark_postrating.css but I don't see the corresponding entries to change.
Am I looking in the wrong place?
thanks,
James :)

Just add this to EXTRA.css:

Code:
.dark_postrating { padding: 1px !important; margin-top: -4px !important; }

I've noticed that when someone clicks on for example "agree" or "informative" that the icon shows up under the alert bubble. But when someone clicks on "like" there is no icon that shows the thumbs up under the alert tab. Is this normal? It would be nice to see it display like the rest of the icons.

I've noticed that when someone clicks on for example "agree" or "informative" that the icon shows up under the alert bubble. But when someone clicks on "like" there is no icon that shows the thumbs up under the alert tab. Is this normal? It would be nice to see it display like the rest of the icons.

Although it is slightly inconsistent when considered like that, that is still by design. Likes are handled entirely through the standard XF like system, including the like alert.

Do you want users to still be able to like non-post content types such as profile posts? (I gather you don't want them counted, but do you want the actual button to be available?)

Yes, they still should be able to like non-post content! :)

Do you mind if non-post likes from the past are not included in the positive rating total? (This makes things complicated/impossible if so)

If it's just about the non-post likes, then i don't care! :) (as long as likes in posts from the past are included in the positive rating)

I've the problem that alerts only show up if "enable newsfeed integration" is checked. Once that is unchecked alerts doesn't show up neither (even though alerts are enabled)

Not sure where to find this....I googled and searched and found nothing....

The Overview says that one can change the postbit as follows:

Optional (via style property) total ratings received display on postbit:

How do you do this?

Hey Luke,

I would like to ask you about removing the "undo rating", and is it possible to make the spread time on several rating?

I've the problem that alerts only show up if "enable newsfeed integration" is checked. Once that is unchecked alerts doesn't show up neither (even though alerts are enabled)

Is anyone else having this problem? Alerts still doesn't show up on my forum.

Top Bottom