XF 1.5 Post IP addresses not imported

Joe Blow

I just migrated from vBulletin 4.2.1 to Xenforo 1.5.11 and for the most part the import seems to have been a success.

The only problem, which I have just discovered, is that posts created prior to the import do not seem to have IP addresses associated with them.

How would I go about only importing post IP addresses from the old vBulletin database?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer. :)

On further investigation it seems that only some post IP addresses were not imported. Others are there. No idea why this would be the case.

The error message is, "The following error occurred: No IP address information is available for this content."

Unfortunately, they were likely pruned. XF has an option to only keep IPs for a certain amount of time and it defaults to a year. That clean up would have removed IPs from older content after the import.

Importing IPs after the fact isn't totally trivial due to format changes in the database (and potentially the need to match up ip_ids). Unfortunately, the cleanest way would be a reimport, but with the prune option disabled within XF before importing.

Thanks Mike. I wish I had known that there was a IP address log prune option enabled by default. I would have disabled it. Give that at this point a reimport isn't feasible, what would you suggest as the next best way to approach reimporting just the post IP addresses?

I need those post IP addresses intact for legal reasons.

This is somewhat difficult as there are a few different elements that need to be handled. Did you maintain IDs with the import? If not, that makes this more difficult as IDs need to be mapped. If you did, it may be viable with some queries, assuming the databases are on the same server. If so, then start a conversation with me and let me know the name of the source database and whether it had a table prefix and I'll see if I can come up with some queries.

@Mike I have same issue happened, I am also moved from vB and does not know about option Delete IP usage data after X days, Now my forum 13,000 user No IP logs were found. Please do you have any solution to getting old IP log, only for IP logs not found user? Why prune option are not remain at least one IP address?

@Mike I have same issue happened, I am also moved from vB and does not know about option Delete IP usage data after X days, Now my forum 13,000 user No IP logs were found. Please do you have any solution to getting old IP log, only for IP logs not found user? Why prune option are not remain at least one IP address?

Basically this requires some SQL dexterity and access to both the vB and XF databases. If Mike hasn't helped you already then I can. Send me a PM with forum and phpmyadmin access.

Just got hit by this as well -- since post ids were maintained, keeping the vbulletin database archived will suffice, but I wish I would have noticed the option before some time passed.

Are the options on Home > Options> Logging Options the only options I need to be aware of in terms of pruning actions that would remove any data on the default xenforo setting?

Searching for "prune" in the admin CP the two results are both on the Home > Options> Logging Options page so I'll know to triple check this before imports in future conversions!

Just wanted to check if there are any other specific prune options that might be in different locations in xenforo which I should double check as well.

Thanks!

Top Bottom