Post Friction

Post Friction [Paid] 2.12.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Newly registered user couldn't get past the posting friction (set to 10 words). Scheduled Votecount was also on.

Please open a ticket on my site for more debugging.

This is kinda expected, the [voteresult] bb-code isn't bypassing the post friction bits. Will need to look into that.

Newly registered user couldn't get past the posting friction (set to 10 words). Scheduled Votecount was also on.
I'ld need to see what they tried to submit.

Getting adhoc votecounts past the posting restriction would be a plus.
Current design makes this fairly hard to implement reliably without additional load (as it requires parsing the post to look for votes). Is it a particular forum you are interested in it allowing or just a single forum?

Ah, that was one "bug". Sorry about the confusion. If the [voteresult] and [x] codes universally bypass the post restrictions, then everything works perfectly for me. At the moment, the latter works during a scheduled votecount.

Not sure if this answers your question, but I'd only be looking at it for a specific subforum since I don't really use votecounts outside of that subforum.

Xon updated Post Friction with a new update entry:

2.6.0 - Feature & Bugfix update

• Fix "MySQL query error [1406]: Data too long for column 'friction'" when large number of post friction options are selected, this requires increasing the size of the column
  • Add per-thread "Users can accept post friction warning" option
    • Allows overriding the forum "accept post friction warning" permission. Does not affect moderators or administrators

Read the rest of this update entry...

2.6.3 - Bugfix/Maintenance update

• Fix using "Use node option" when editing a forum's Post Friction options was ignored.
  • Fix on deleting a user, the per-thread Post Friction logs did not have the user_id zeroed out.
  • Force global namespace for functions which are known to be optimizable to bytecode in php, or known global functions to avoid a current namespace lookup for the function.
  • Use font-awesome icon instead of a png for add-on icon
  • Add moderator log support for editing post friction options

@Joe Link the latest update overhauls the thread/forum post friction options list to properly control overriding all the friction options. This should fix you issue, as the previous UI just couldn't do it.

Hmm, still happening. Checked the template modifications and they're all applied correctly. Do I need to rebuild anything?

Edit: I'm not seeing the warning displayed for "Warn on quoting images" either. Is it supposed to be displayed when someone quotes a single image?

I know you're busy, just to be clear none of this is super urgent :)

Last edited:
Edit: I'm not seeing the warning displayed for "Warn on quoting images" either. Is it supposed to be displayed when someone quotes a single image?
It should. But if you are testing it from a mod user you might have granted the permission to bypass the post friction warnings.

2.7.2 - Bugfix update

• Rename post friction option "white/black list ratings" to "allow/deny reactions"
  • Fix php 8.0+ "Array to string conversion" error when allow-list/deny-list reactions are changed
  • Fix "Out of range value for column 'pf_warn_on_multi_post_recency'" error when saving a value > 255
  • Allow setting the regency value for "Warn on multiple posts" to 0 to apply without a timeout
  • Fix per-thread old age warning not working
  • Fix reply delay 'delay per user' flag not working
  • Fix...

@Xon

Still having some odd issues. I have everything set to 0 to disable, but I'm still seeing the old thread warning. Also noticed I am aware this thread is locked, I still want to post a reply. is showing below the warning, even though the thread is not locked.

Any ideas?

ACP > Setup > Options > Post Friction

1646253475818.webp

ACP > Forums > Nodes > Node

1646253506107.webp

Thread Settings

1646253550310.webp

Thread Quick Reply

1646253629864.webp

Top Bottom