Post Friction

Post Friction [Paid] 2.12.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Xon updated Post Friction with a new update entry:

2.3.0 - Feature updare

• Display post friction log entry (if user can see post friction logs) for a user/post combination when;
    • Making a report against a post
    • Viewing a post report
    • Viewing a warning attached to a post
    • Issuing a warning against a post
  • Add "View post friction logs" permission, auto-assigned to users/groups with "Edit post fiction options"
  • Add "Maximum quoted message percentage" " post friction option
  • Add filtering (by username) to a thread's post friction...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This looks very good but I would only want to apply these "frictions" to newbie users. Is there a way to apply the settings only to users in a certain usergroup, please?

On edit: There is a per usergroup setting. As a comment, the language is not clear. Does "Accept post friction warning" mean that the usergroup will be given post friction warnings or that the usergroup will automatically accept the warning without it even appearing? I guess I will find out through some testing.

Last edited:
If a user lacks the "Accept post friction warning" permission, they get the warning by can't do anything about it.
If a user has the "Bypass post friction warning" permission, they are never prompted with a warning.

Xon updated Post Friction with a new update entry:

2.5.0 - Feature update

• Harden various template feature to be more reliable in future updates
  • Fix "delay between replies" would count failed post attempts
  • Changing the 'delay between replies' option now applies to users who have already replied (on the next attempt)
  • Implement "Per-user reply delays" option (disable to switch to per-thread instead of per-user)
    • Ideal for those super-hot political threads!
  • Add reporting of default values for options; "Warn on image being quoted"...

Read the rest of this update entry...

It sounds like you might have the 'post is too much quotes' setting too low. You need to allow a fairly high percentage of the post being quotes, I've got a bunch of forums in the 85%+ range.

Nah, it's just the vote itself rather than the quote setting. The votecounts, as far as I know are not hit at all; I have the quote percentage restriction disabled.

The problem is that most of my votes are things like:

[x] Osie

If I could set it so any post with a vote in it is accepted, that would be awesome.

The other element of this would be a thread starter specific permission to adjust the options for their thread, but that's less frustrating than needing to minimize the word count to allow for votes.

Essentially, I want any post with the phrase [x] to be ignored by post friction without having to set the min word count extra low to account for situations like [x] Yes

Essentially, I want any post with the phrase [x] to be ignored by post friction without having to set the min word count extra low to account for situations like [x] Yes
This is actually something really easy to add to Vote Tally for when it detects a vote when scheduled voting is enabled.

The other element of this would be a thread starter specific permission to adjust the options for their thread, but that's less frustrating than needing to minimize the word count to allow for votes.
This is probably something I would build into User Essentials, as it has infrastructure for per-thread permission enable/disable flags.

This is actually something really easy to add to Vote Tally for when it detects a vote when scheduled voting is enabled.

Hmm. Would it still be doable assuming adhoc votecounts are the only ones being used? I have users who can make scheduled Votecounts but we haven't been using the scheduled ones at all.

Hmm. Would it still be doable assuming adhoc votecounts are the only ones being used? I have users who can make scheduled Votecounts but we haven't been using the scheduled ones at all.
It is hooked into the vote-scraping & selection system which only triggers for scheduled votes. I've just released the version with that option

It is hooked into the vote-scraping & selection system which only triggers for scheduled votes. I've just released the version with that option
Will that work for both [x] votes and voting via the button?

EDIT: Works.

Last edited:
I just tried post friction with a minimum word count of 4. I can see that the vote scheduler works, thanks! Unfortunately, so does this:

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 1.26.06 AM.webp

Also (while I have you here), close voting without any other content in the post does not work (nothing to do with the post friction).

Sorry about all the prods. One other thing:

Could "Users can accept post friction warning" be adjustable in thread post friction options with a similar "Use global/forum vs Use thread" to the other two settings?

Sorry about all the prods. One other thing:

Could "Users can accept post friction warning" be adjustable in thread post friction options with a similar "Use global/forum vs Use thread" to the other two settings?
I'll add this to the work-queue after User Essentials/ElasticSearch Essentials xF2.2 support

I just tried post friction with a minimum word count of 4. I can see that the vote scheduler works, thanks! Unfortunately, so does this:

View attachment 240103
That is a bug in Post Friction (word-count is unexpectedly incorrect)
Also (while I have you here), close voting without any other content in the post does not work (nothing to do with the post friction).
Added as something to be looked at for the next version

Top Bottom