Browser issue Post controls no longer pinned to bottom of post

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Affected version
Version live here as at 12th September 2017, 17:20 BST
I just saw this, I believe these used to be pinned to the bottom of the message?

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 5.19.07 PM.webp

Weird.

Still like that here (Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113 macOS).

1505233330198.webp

Chrome has just updated though so better restart the browser...

EDIT: All good in Chrome Version 61.0.3163.79

Yeah, seems to be fine on the demo site (don't think that's been updated in a while) so must be a regression.

You know, we did make one change.

We removed min-height: 100px; from .message-content.

That will have most likely disguised that the original change never actually worked (because the 100px was about the same size as the roughly average height of the container anyway).

Ok, so we've confirmed that this is a bug in Safari and is fixed in Safari 11.

On the basis that it is a browser issue and that the adoption rate of macOS is ridiculously quick, we'll just tag this as such.

FWIW it's a manifestation of the bug that prevented height: 100% from working in flex containers which we also had reported on the demo in the context of sidebar blocks on wider displays:

Safari 10.x:

1505235229820.webp

Safari 11.0:

1505235267598.webp

If you're not planning to upgrade to High Sierra (it's going to be released today or within the next couple of weeks at most) then you can download Safari 11 beta here:

https://developer.apple.com/safari/download/

If you're not planning to upgrade to High Sierra (it's going to be released today or within the next couple of weeks at most) then you can download Safari 11 beta here:

I was on the beta, but I had to restore due to issues with sleep on my MacBook :( I'll be upgrading to the stable when it's released though.

Liam

Top Bottom