XF 1.3 Possible Page Editor

TheSalt

Hello Gang!

I was wondering if there is some kind of page editor I could use to create pages for my forum. A kind of wysiwyg editor but better than BBCode. I run a marine aquarium and conservation forum and I would like to make pages for featured aquariums and spotlight organizations. I would want to use photos and text that don’t look like a thread, something that allows text to flow around images to fill in blank areas like you would see in a news paper or magazine.

I was thinking maybe wordpress? Is there a way to use word press to create pages and then incorporate them into the forum? Maybe as links in the navigation bar? I would love it if I could have the pages appear as threads in a sub forum but I’m guessing that would be impossible?

I’m not sure if I’m explaining myself well or if it is even possible. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Nick

WOW! Thank you all for these great ideas! I'm going to look them over and see which one I think I can pull off with my limited understanding. I'll let you know what happens! ;)

Many Thanks,
Nick

Brogan's Float BBcode is amazing. Creates threads with text that wraps around images. Good stuff

There is a big learning curve with a lot of this stuff for me. I now next to nothing about code. My background is in print design, mostly Adobe Illustrator, and some Photoshop. Getting things to look how I want them to on screen with code is currently impossible for me without lots of research and even then my finding are hard for me to understand... but I'm trying to learn.

Have you considered using something like xenzine or maybe even just using the resource manager to publish articles? I use a combination of those two addons to create articles, reviews etc. Along with the bbcode float addon.

Have you considered using something like xenzine or maybe even just using the resource manager to publish articles? I use a combination of those two addons to create articles, reviews etc. Along with the bbcode float addon.
In deed, I have xenzine running and have for a while now. I'm in the processes of trying some of these great suggestions on the test forum. Thank you all for your help! I'll keep you posted. I'll included my ulr below. I'm not sure how well it looks to others, as I stated earlier this has all been a learning process. The forum has been up since February 7th and is my first.

reefpeeps.com

Many thanks,:)
Nick

In deed, I have xenzine running and have for a while now. I'm in the processes of trying some of these great suggestions on the test forum. Thank you all for your help! I'll keep you posted. I'll included my ulr below. I'm not sure how well it looks to others,

Looks good to me. What are you using for the home page portal and slider?

Thank you! It's xenporta and there slide block. It is linked to my xenzine articles that have a slide.jpg in the discussion page of the article as an attachment.

In deed, I have xenzine running and have for a while now. I'm in the processes of trying some of these great suggestions on the test forum. Thank you all for your help! I'll keep you posted. I'll included my ulr below. I'm not sure how well it looks to others, as I stated earlier this has all been a learning process. The forum has been up since February 7th and is my first.

Looking at your site, I would be tempted to use the resource manager for this. It doesn't have to just be for uploading/downloading resources, they can be like articles. Especially with Brogan's image float CSS.

On my site I have xenzine for articles, but also use the resource manager for reviews, which keeps reviews separate from articles nicely. I also have a few pages for special things such as donation info, a radio station (!) and a more indepth search, as I want them to show up in the node list along with all the forums. But I would want too many, I agree without an editor it's a bit of a pain to hand code the html.

See: http://cafesaxophone.com

Top Bottom