Portal / Homepage Add-on

tlatch89

Hey everyone,

I'm new here, a friend of mine has a Xenforo license and I may get to poke around with it a bit on a testing server. I've used IPB forums and VBulletin in the past, but never Xenforo.

I was wondering if anyone could point me to some of the best (up to date) widgetized portal / homepage add-ons for this forum software? From what it looks like is that it is all 3rd party add-ons.

One more question.. how does the theme structure work? Say I use a theme, can I create a child theme for customizations? Or will I have to go in and edit the live theme's css and php files?

Thanks!

Taylor

Last edited:
There are various third party portal add-ons available.
You can check them out in the Resources.

Yes, you can create child styles and in the case of third party styles, that is the recommended practice.

Thanks for the quick reply Brogan.

I'm just a little worried of purchasing a 3rd party plugin that could possibly be outdated and may not work correctly with the responsive framework.

I'm not sure if you're allowed to point me in the direction of a few that you would use, but if you could that would be cool.

Thanks again for the quick reply I'll be getting my hands dirty soon.

@tlatch89 I can highly recommend CTA Featured Threads & Portal. Brogan has worked very hard on developing this in the last 6 months since it was released and it just gets better and better. His support for the add-on is one of the best I've seen.

This can also be used in conjunction with Widget Framework if you are looking to use that for widgets rather than the standard sidebar.

Top Bottom