1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portal for XF?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by adonismale, Dec 31, 2014.

1. adonismale

adonismale Active Member

Can the community suggest any good portals / page builders / article management system / frameworks for building a good frontpage and content system for XF?

A couple of my criteria:
    • Development is ongoing and continuous with steady and measured progress
    • Developer is well-respected and trusted by the community
    Your thoughts and feedback are most appreciated.

2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Check out Featured Threads
    gfc and adonismale like this.
  3. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

You have a few options but featured threads seem to suit your listed criteria best.. I have used most all here at one time or another and find when used with Widget Framework, the FT portal solution suits my needs best. It doesnt do it all but what it does do it does extremely well and support far exceeds even my expectations which can be a lot at times..
    adonismale likes this.
  4. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

If you want a Wordpress/Joomla/CMS-like solution with categories, tags and articles that don't look like forum threads, you probably should check out XenPorta 2. Support has also been good so far.
    adonismale likes this.
  5. Excelsior

Excelsior Member

[Extra] Portal works well for me so far.
  6. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

There are four add-ons you will want to get in order to build the ultimate system - none being a specific portal but components to build a frontend. Make sure to buy the XenForo Media Gallery, Brogan's CTA Featured Threads, Bob's Showcase, then wait a few months for the release of a really nice article management system currently in beta (not a portal, CMS, Blog). All these developers have great skills and support their products. Combined, these four will give your visitors a beautiful system.

Tim and Alfa1 like this.
  7. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

To be fair to other add-on developers, as a staff member you should have listed all the active portals available as a possible solution to the OPs question. Promoting another staff members paid add-on over those who are not staff is a conflict of interest.
    batpool52! and Jon W like this.
  8. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

To be fair, it is probably the only one which fits in the criteria outlined by the OP.
    LPH, FredC, Alfa1 and 3 others like this.
  9. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I made my recommendation on the basis that what he asked for is pretty much exactly what Pauls addon does. Simple as that. I am unaware of any other addon which matches what the OP asked for as closely.
    LPH, gfc, FredC and 1 other person like this.